Question The Third Man

happychappy69

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is there, or could one of you clever buggers write a review of this film with no spoilers.

I've a partner that hasn't seen this, but am trying to convince her that she should give this a go.

The iconoclastic American film critic Armond White once wrote: "The Third Man is a love letter not just to the way movies used to be but to the sophistication today's movies have lost."

I think that's about right.

Good grief this is probably my favourite movie ever. It's a story of friendship, betrayal, greed and is one of the most beautifully shot films I've seen. I love the setting, not just Vienna but that post-war era. It's a terrific thriller and I'm a huge fan of Graham Greene.

Everyone always thinks of Citizen Kane when you mention Welles. Not me, it's this film. Definitely superior.

Good grief this is probably my favourite movie ever. It's a story of friendship, betrayal, greed and is one of the most beautifully shot films I've seen. I love the setting, not just Vienna but that post-war era. It's a terrific thriller and I'm a huge fan of Graham Greene.

Completely agree with you, greatest film ever, this, of course, makes it impossible to give a balanced review of this classic - I'm currently reviewing her tenure as it as since transpired that she's never read any Graham Greene - what's a man to do?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom