The Thing - XBOX

P

Porrm

I've just bought this and I'm wondering if I've got a duff copy?

All of the cut scenes are very jerky to the point that the image skips quite a bit!?!?

Has anyone else got this and if so is it the same?

Surely this can't be the quality they managed to churn out!!

Porrm:(

I dont have the same problem with the PS2 version.

As I would therefore expect the XBOX version to be more polished from a graphics perspective, I would assume it might be a duff copy.

Good game, by the way!

Originally posted by Porrm

All of the cut scenes are very jerky to the point that the image skips quite a bit!?!?

Has anyone else got this and if so is it the same?

Surely this can't be the quality they managed to churn out!!

Porrm:(

When this first came out in the states there were a load of posts on xbox newsgroups about the jerkiness of the cut scenes. The game's real-time graphics behave ok though don't they?

Yup, jerks like mad for most people, not all disks are affected though.:mad:

Originally posted by Porrm
Were did you buy it?.

If it was from Game take it back and get a new one, or just take it back anyway and try a different copy. You never know.

Sounds like this is a general problem.

The in game graphics are fine so it looks like I'll just have to live witht he jerks!

It's a bit annoying though! Maybe I've just developed higher expectations for since I got my XBOX

I bought the game from Blockbusters and I can't really be arsed to take it back and have to try and explain the fault to the staff.

Cheers for the replies!

Porrm

PS Am I the obly person who was dissapointed with the jerkyness of the cut scenes in Halo? Don't get me wrong the game itself if excellent but I thought they would have managed to get the cut scenes a bit smoother what with all the 'Power' the XBOX is supposed to have.

Could this be a problem with converting the videos from NTSC/60fps to PAL/50fps? Anyone have the US versions of the game that can confirm this?

Yes, I too found the cut scenes in Halo a bit of a shock as that was the first game I got, and those were the first scenes I saw on the box. The in game graphics have no problems. My conclusions were that I had a slightly duff copy that wasn't being read properly or that they had pushed the graphics just a little too far in these scenes.

This would be exusable on a PC game as you could put it down to your VGA card not being powerful enough but they knew exactly the spec of the Xbox.

Anyway, it's a minor detraction from a monster of a game. I got some mates coming over tonight and they all have PSX's on mono TV's. I'm going to show them Halo on my WS Sony with full 5.1 DD sound. I think they might like it.

S

Originally posted by paiger
I got some mates coming over tonight and they all have PSX's on mono TV's. I'm going to show them Halo on my WS Sony with full 5.1 DD sound. I think they might like it.

S

if they are like my Ps2 owning mates they will come round eat all the food, drink all the beer, stay for three days playing Halo constantly and then slag off the xbox as crap!?

Gary

That's always a possibility. Mind you, I did spend all last weekend at my mates place in a drunken stupor so I couldn't complain too much.

S

yeah, but you didn't drink all the beer then slag it off did you?

Gary

Well the thing was made over here so I'd have expected thecutscenes to be fine for 50Hz ( its not so difficult to transcode up to 60Hz with decent results its going the other way thats a real problem).

I'll see what I can find out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom