1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Thing PS2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jasonb, Oct 5, 2002.

1. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried this game out for the PS2 and how closely does it follow the movie? Is it worth getting. Also are there going to be any advantages getting Pro evo soccer2 for the PS2 over the orginal!!!!!!

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Well its a continuation from the movie rather than the same plot. I havn't played it myself but a friend of mine has the PS2 version and likes it: ( however I'd say hes a bit easily pleased on the games front)

I have heard complaints that is very linear.

3. Steve T

Steve T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've put a couple of hours into this on the PS2 and so far, so good.

The plot does indeed continue where the film finished. Its very atmospheric and would suggest that you play it alone at night to get the best effect.

The squad based play is well done and adds a bit of innovation without being overly "gimmicky". Graphics are solid as is the sound.

I am only about 4 levels in, but I guess it is pretty linear in as much as that their are set objectives to be hit before progression can be made. It's not a big deal for me at the moment.

From what I've seen so far, my mark out of ten would be around the 8, so thumbs up!