The Thing From Another World (2 Disc Set) - DVD Region 2 £6.99

Ger

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Saw this on CDWOW/Play for £6.99. Its listed as a 2-disc set (same on Play.com), but both sites list an audio commentary as the only extra. Anyone know what's on disc 2???

I already have the R1 of this, but if the extras on this release are any good I might pick it up as its quite cheap.

http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=1904681&subcat=region2

I think that MAY be a mis-price as other online retailers have it at the £12 mark.

On the extras front, a google search eventually found this on another forum..

John Carpenter provides an exclusive audio commentary and the 2 DVD edition features a restored print and a colourised version.

Personally, I'll be getting this, both for the original version AND the Carpenter commentary, BUT I'll hold off ordering until the extras have been confirmed.

According To SFX magazine the commentary by John Capenter is the only extra. There are two discs because the film comes in 3 versions, Original, Digitally remarstered and colourised.

According To SFX magazine the commentary by John Capenter is the only extra. There are two discs because the film comes in 3 versions, Original, Digitally remarstered and colourised.

If there is nothing other than the 3 versions of the film I might pass. The R1 picture looks fine to me!

According To SFX magazine the commentary by John Capenter is the only extra. There are two discs because the film comes in 3 versions, Original, Digitally remastered and colourised.

Any information on which one has the Carpernter commentary?

I would assume the Re-mastered version (It makes sense) but any confirmation would be gratefully received.

Any information on which one has the Carpernter commentary?

I would assume the Re-mastered version (It makes sense) but any confirmation would be gratefully received.

FWIW I have it now and it's the original Un-Remastered version that has the commentary.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom