The Thing (1982) Japanese Artwork Series #3 (HMV Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: HMV

Release date: 26/10/2020

Limited to 2000 copies.

Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant stye of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.
TT.jpg

Attachments

• TT (inside).jpg
    TT (inside).jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 145
  • TT (open).jpg
    TT (open).jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I guess I'm the odd one out again because I f*cking love that art!

I don't mind it either. Unlike Duel, this one is actually faithful to two variations of the Japanese poster art for the film, front and back.

81s9Wf6WXhL._AC_SY741_.jpg

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

This is certainly different... Good on HMV for trying something different, but I just can’t look at that Thing for very long.

I doubt they have a say, this is a Universal series of 6 films I believe. HMV just have UK exclusivity on them.

Last edited:
Not really liking these HMV Japanese style covers so far with each one looking worse than the last. This one is easily the worst in my opinion. Jaws was the best but apart from the Japanese text, it looks pretty much the same as the 2D BD steelbook I already have and having just bought the 4K steelbook I am definitely not buying it again. In a way I am glad I don't like these as it removes temptation and saves me money!

Yeh, most are an easy pass (defo if they aint 4K). I do quite like the ET one above though.

I like it and it will go in my Thing collection.

Will wait for the 4K Steelbook

I've had most of The Thing steels over the years pass through my collection, even the green meanie, but the Arrow release is the only one I'll ever need. :love:

Kudos to them for trying something different, but as soon as I saw that artwork a well known Predator quote popped into my head. :D

Last edited:
Surely the Zavvi steelbook was the worst of them all? Even worse than the horizontal green one...
17F7E414-DC7E-47DE-A32D-80B13AD5DF68.jpeg

Attachments

• 08884D34-5E18-495D-9F76-A44AB738DB18.jpeg
    08884D34-5E18-495D-9F76-A44AB738DB18.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 130
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
^^^
That’s hideous

I kind of like the Japanese cover, and had it been in 4K I'd have picked it up.

Incidentally the Japanese title is Yuusei Kara no Buttai X, which translates as "The thing from planet X".

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom