The Thin Blue Line just got thinner

I’m in the US, where BLMantifa wants the police to be defunded. Is the same exact thing happening in the UK?

No luckily we have a little more common sense (i hope!) than to protest against the police.

Something I have noticed.
My home page is Sky News (I think) and I can’t believe the lack of coverage this is getting.
Other news stories of people being killed seem to dominate the news yet this had one small caption.

My home page is Sky News (I think) and I can’t believe the lack of coverage this is getting.
Other news stories of people being killed seem to dominate the news yet this had one small caption.

The coverage this and other recent police deaths/serious injuries has had compared to a couple of minor celebrities being annoyed by the fact police stopped their car, shows where we are as a society right now, IMO.

Last edited:
The coverage this and other recent police deaths/serious injury has had compared to a couple of minor celebrities being annoyed by the fact police stopped their car, shows where we are as a society right now, IMO.
To be fair, until more details emerge there's nothing really to report. I think I'd prefer that to to some of the speculation that was demonstrated earlier in this thread.

The celeb thing is constantly fuelled by the latest z-lister proffering their opinion. So while mostly meaningless, it is "new(s)".

To be fair, until more details emerge there's nothing really to report. I think I'd prefer that to to some of the speculation that was demonstrated earlier in this thread.

The celeb thing is constantly fuelled by the latest z-lister proffering their opinion. So while mostly meaningless, it is "new(s)".
Where i would usually agree this to be the case, it has never stopped them in the past to regurgitate old stories to make them look like new/fresh reports when its come to 'wrong doings' by police. Especially if its between police and certain members of the public or people of 'standing'.
It still makes me feel as though if it doesnt fit the press agenda then its never going to be top of their reporting list.

I would also like to know why there are no details of the offender except that it was a 23 year old male and not terror related.
Nothing about his name, status in the UK, ethnicity, career, background, family, mental health, etc.
You might think that this has not been released to the press yet. Well i can tell you that the press are VERY resourceful and WILL know.
They will make enquiries at the hospital to find who is there.
They will speak with neighbours (dont forget his house will be a scene, so police will be on guard of it).
There is also the freedom of information and the police press office DO share info, so it wont take a genius to work out who it is.

Last edited:
On my sky news feed and bbc news feed the story even before the latest arrest was top or near the top

"A reclusive young man who suffers from Autism"

Loving person, fell in with the wrong crowd etc.

I hope he survives to spend a very long time in jail then dies in jail

I noticed the same when there were mass stabbings in Birmingham recently. The news was full of it for a very short time and then disappeared just a quick.

On my sky news feed and bbc news feed the story even before the latest arrest was top or near the top
I've only seen and heard this as the main news at all my usual places, from LBC to BBC. Not Sky News, rarely watch it, save for the late night look at the morning papers. My parents, who are staunch BBC, have been talking to me about it since it happened, and were the first to inform me today about the suspect being named. We're talking about it here. So I personally can't speak to a lack of news coverage.

I am of the belief that this was a 'successful' demonstration that a lone 'terrorist' could plan to gain access to a police station and murder an officer within.
Quite why claims were made that it wasn't terror related, when the police had been aware of the 'suspect' (why suspect when his guilt is certain?) isn't clear.

Because in UK law every suspect is innocent until proven guilty in a court.
With him it’s just a formality.

Wasn't it just a known druggie committing a mindless murder. Where's all this terrorism talk coming from? EDIT ... okay I see reports of a Prevent referral

Last edited:
Thousands of people get prevent referrals. Most not terrorists. But either way, I can’t see how it would have made any difference in this case.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom