The The - Naked Self

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by alanrob, Jun 21, 2002.

1. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Anyone looking for a top notch CD to buy in the next few weeks should look out for a copy of this cracking album.

Matt and the boys are back on top form - haven't sounded this good since Infected IMO :D

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +774
    When you say that they are BACK on top form I agree and disagree. It is not a new album by the way, and I do not feel that it is anyway near the class of Infected - that simply would not be possible. That is probably my most listened to CD ever. A piece of genius. Naked Self is good and indeed a welcome improvement over some of his earlier ones but it is just not another Infected. But he is a very talented singer/songwriter. Its a pity that he has not got a bigger fan base. He deserves it when you think of [email protected] like Will Young and Garth Gates making so mouch money. What a sad world we live in.

3. Xeonic

Xeonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey! Three people with "Infected" in one place, must be a planetary alignment :rolleyes:

I haven't heard much of their stuff lately, I got "mind bomb" as well at the time, and then sort of forgot about them. But I agree, "infected" is one of my all time favourites. I actually got in to them after seeing the whole album in a video promo on CH4 years back, the one for "out of the blue" I remember followed the song quite well ;). I had it on a betamax tape (haha), but the recorder died and the tape has gone missing too! Does anyone know if that performance is on DVD ??

4. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Infected should be available on video - as indeed is the concert from many moons ago at the Royal Albert Hall not long after Mind Bomb came out.

Personally I like to take Soul Mining along to the demo rooms to see if the new CD players can cut it with Jools Holland piano on Uncertain Smile.

Come on Sony get the SACD ball rolling on The The

5. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Soul Mining is another fab album. Must give it a listen again ;)
    That's if I can get Naked Self out of my CD player :D

6. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +774
    Agree about Soul Mining. Another great album. Only slightly behind Infected imo. Maybe not as commercial as Infected but superb nonetheless. I feel that some of The The's albums in between were not as good. I also got hold of a CD copy of Burning Blue Soul from the US which took me a few years (it is incredibly rare) and was very disappointed in it (since sold it). Also thought that Dusk was a bit average. But agree that Naked Self is a good album. Maybe our chat here will persuade a few others to go out and get some The The CDs and so they will see what they are missing.

As for the whole SACD thing - I recently got a Sony DAV-S500 and would just love to hear Infected in that format. MMmmmm.