The The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe DVD Review

Tech News

Reaction score
Although a lavish and loving adaptation of a fantasy classic, this version of The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe still comes up short in many departments. But, most glaringly of all, it fails to push the appropriately magical buttons, leaving the experience unfulfilling and a tad too hollow for such a spectacular saga. The AV quality scores high for the wonderful DTS track, but the picture leaves a little bit to be desired, though I suspect that this has more to do with Adamson’s photographic choices than any real fault of the film’s transfer to disc.

But this release cannot fail to gain top marks for the extras which really do their best to transport you to a magical place. Immersive, comprehensive and fully entertaining, the background to the film and the original author makes me wish that I loved both this, and Lewis’s work a whole lot more than I do.

For fans this is essential. For DVD buffs this is still very highly recommended indeed. Epic extras and a fluff-filled film. Top Christmas present, though.

Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom