The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 UK Blu ray

Pulse1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone got this yet that can confirm the specs of the UK Blu ray ??

It isn't out until Monday, but hopefully Zavvi will ship my copy early so I'll be able to let you know the specs.
Many thanks mate really want to get this and hoping EIV don't cock it up or i'll import :thumbsup:

has anyone's UK pre-order budged at all? mines still at pre-order at Play & it's out on Monday.

Has anyone got the early and so is it the same as the US version?

has anyone's UK pre-order budged at all? mines still at pre-order at Play & it's out on Monday.

Same here. Just checked my pre-ordered and it's changed to "Ordered Taken" from "Pre-ordered" but despite it being Monday, 8th October there's no indication that it is about to be dispatched.

I'm looking forward to seeing this as I actually prefer it to the original, probably because it looks less dated, but I'm weird like that.

Has anyone got the early and so is it the same as the US version?

It's arrived :thumbsup:

Specs:

English 5.1 DTS-MA / 5.1 Dolby Digital / 2.0 Dolby Digital Commentary
1080/24p
2.35:1
BD-50

Extras:

Production, Technical and Story Commentaries
Photo Gallery
Deleted Scenes
Alternative Opening & Closing
Documentaries
Cast Screen Test
Art Gallery
Music Video
Theatrical Trailer

wow. DTS-HD MA. How about English subtitles ? Are the extras in PAL or NTSC ?

Same here. Just checked my pre-ordered and it's changed to "Ordered Taken" from "Pre-ordered" but despite it being Monday, 8th October there's no indication that it is about to be dispatched.

I'm looking forward to seeing this as I actually prefer it to the original, probably because it looks less dated, but I'm weird like that.

It is showing as 1 to 3 week wait now. I am not bothered about when I get it so I have ordered it.

I find the original unwatchable. I ended up wanting the kids to die as they annoyed the hell out of me. The remakes are much better.

my play.com order is still at pre-order :thumbsdow so ive cancelled that and gone with sendit.com :smashin:

really looking forward to this one, pq reviews are top notch !!

Well Play.com are finally packing my pre-order for this BD but I noticed that the price on my Orders page is now £11.99 not the £9.99 it was when I placed the order. Can Play.com do that? :confused:

*Edit*
Looks like my Green Mile BD pre-order has also increased by £2 from £9.99. Looks like Amazon have also increased their prices on those discs too. I must say I'm surprised as in the past Play.com have always honoured the lower price.

Last edited:
Well Play.com are finally packing my pre-order for this BD but I noticed that the price on my Orders page is now £11.99 not the £9.99 it was when I placed the order. Can Play.com do that? :confused:

*Edit*
Looks like my Green Mile BD pre-order has also increased by £2 from £9.99. Looks like Amazon have also increased their prices on those discs too. I must say I'm surprised as in the past Play.com have always honoured the lower price.

I thought they did, i know Amazon still do

*Edit*

I would have thought if you went all the way to confirming an order, then you should still pay the price in the order. If it was in a shopping basket like at Amazon, then the price will go up and down as the price changes.

Amazon don't do it and looks like another reason why I won't be using Play again. They have really gone downhill.

Two pages of threads for this remake, yet no-one even replies to my post on the BD of the original 1974 TCM. I despair of the collective taste in this forum :eek:

Two pages of threads for this remake, yet no-one even replies to my post on the BD of the original 1974 TCM. I despair of the collective taste in this forum :eek:

I can't stand the original as it is more of a joke. I really wanted that girl who wouldn't stop screaming to die horribly.

i can't stand the original as it is more of a joke. I really wanted that girl who wouldn't stop screaming to die horribly.
*Forum Lockdown Initiated*

;)

Any chance anyone can do a complete breakdown of the specs and extras for this EIV version (using BD-info if poss.)?

Including things like details of the docus included and what not.

I'm particularly interested in whether we got all 7 tv spots and both trailers, including the "black" trailer, all of which should be on the US Blu-ray?

Is it Region B locked and are the extras really all in PAL? :eek:

I thought EIV encoded all their New Line Blu-ray extras in 480i/p if that's what they were on the US version? :confused:

Some pix of the menus, case (back and front) and disc would be great too! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom