The Tender Bar (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

keithwiggins

GT One

It seems that with Ben Affleck no longer wanting to play 'the Batman; movies like The Tender Bar is more to his liking, US studio insiders are speculating that Affleck wanted Warner Bros to bankroll a number of medium budget movie projects to be directed by Affleck for him to sign up for future Batman appearances in the DC universe, now, instead, we will get a Batwoman trained by 70 year old Michael Keaton (Bruce Wayne).
There will be at least three The Batman's in 2022; Robert Pattinson, Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton.
George Clooney was not considered to reprise his Batman role.

pwood

Nice film that without Affleck would have been a flat 5 at best. The lack of focus was a shame as it could have been a real gem. PQ was not great although I suspect it’s was deliberate to give the film and old feel which to be fair it did.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Cheers Cas. I will check this one out, but it's not too high on my list if I'm honest.

Sometimes though just a nice simple film is what you need.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas. On our watch list - probably have it as an afternoon slow rainy day Movie.

MonkeyM

Standard Member
Watched this last night. Acting good, the feel of the film good in terms of when the film was set (mainly 70‘s & 80’s), and a decent accompanying soundtrack, it all became a bit “meh”. Seen it all before. (Cameron Crowe’s “Almost Famous” did it much better).The second half or last third seemed to bog down and become even slower.
Ben Affleck was good but then he had the meatier parts of the script.
Yes, a slow rainy day kind of film. 5/10 from me.

Jason72

I quite enjoyed this film and agree with most of the Forum Members comments. Only thing for me was the film kind of finished mid way. I would have liked a better ending (don't want to spoil it for others).

GT One

I quite enjoyed this film and agree with most of the Forum Members comments. Only thing for me was the film kind of finished mid way. I would have liked a better ending (don't want to spoil it for others).
Writing endings have not been a strong point in recent times, perhaps its a consequence of stories no longer required to have a beginning a middle and an end, or is it that the experienced screenplay writers are finding it difficult getting employed as younger idealistic showrunners and writers gain more influence in how movies and shows are being made.

MovieFan60

I thought so so film tbh. And without wanting to spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet the ending was very weak and gave the film an unfinished feel.

5/10

robcat101

I think “slight” is undoubtedly the operative word here. Definitely not bad, definitely well acted, nice soundtrack etc. Just not really going to make much of an impression.

I‘ve always thought Ben Affleck has been given an unfairly hard time as an actor, possibly due to his tabloid status in the 00s. He’s great in this.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom