The Ten Commandments (1956) 4K UHD

I got my copy today from HMV, the colours really do "pop" in Vistavision/HDR/WCG.

I got my copy today from HMV, the colours really do "pop" in Vistavision/HDR/WCG.
It looks amazing for sure. Watched it tonight

It looks amazing for sure. Watched it tonight

I really enjoyed watching it, I have a soft spot for old epic sagas like Laurence of Arabia, Gandhi, Ben Hur, Spartacus, etc. I thought 10 Commandments was a level above those in terms of colour and fine detail in the costumes and sets.

I really enjoyed watching it, I have a soft spot for old epic sagas like Laurence of Arabia, Gandhi, Ben Hur, Spartacus, etc. I thought 10 Commandments was a level above those in terms of colour and fine detail in the costumes and sets.
Just need Ben Hur now on UHD 👍

Well this turned into an all day affair and I had to stop three times and cursed the old and new gods that this disc doesn't have a resume feature! How can a nearly 4 hour movie not have resume?

Looks and sounds great, the sets are something else. Watching this as an adult you realise how how Hollywoodised this film is, there is that moment when Moses who is found by all those women ask him if it is true is Egyptian women paint their eyes and camera pans to the eldest sister and... wait what's that on her eyes?

Just need Ben Hur now on UHD 👍
And Chucks El Cid which the Blu Ray was not a 100% great transfer but probably spin up in the next few days.

Any sign when this will come out in Europe?
Watched a bit some days ago on regular cable and would like to experience this in the best format for my first watching.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom