The Technomate 5402HD CI+ Super+ owners thread

Hi there,

My parents have been using the Technomate TM-5402 to receive paid for Polish TV subscription channels Polsat HD, TVP etc via a paid for subscriber Cyfra NC+ card. All was fine until the subscription ran out. Although the TV card number has been resubscribed with a new subscription (checked the card number via two independent installers) the channels remain scrambled. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Is there a software update for the decoder that would fix this? Thanks in advance.

First thing. Switch it off at the wall. Wait a few seconds. Turn it back on again. (reboot)

First thing. Switch it off at the wall. Wait a few seconds. Turn it back on again. (reboot)
Hi there, thanks for that. Yes decoder rebooted several times. Card has been inserted into a different box by the installer who supplied the card and it works. I don’t know if the Polish tv channels have changed encryption etc. The latest firmware is on the decoder well it’s more recent version than what is on the Technomate support page.

Hi there, thanks for that. Yes decoder rebooted several times. Card has been inserted into a different box by the installer who supplied the card and it works. I don’t know if the Polish tv channels have changed encryption etc. The latest firmware is on the decoder well it’s more recent version than what is on the Technomate support page.

Try re flashing the box- fw can get corrupted like a pc or any device can -

Are you using the latest phantom patch ? .. it sounds like you are using stock fw sw .. phantom patches include many sw upgrades bug fixes etc..

Try re flashing the box- fw can get corrupted like a pc or any device can -

Are you using the latest phantom patch ? .. it sounds like you are using stock fw sw .. phantom patches include many sw upgrades bug fixes etc..
Thanks for the response and makes sense. Yes it’s the stock firmware from new. Sorry to ask where can I get the recommended phantom patch? I can download to a usb and update the decoder.

Thanks for the response and makes sense. Yes it’s the stock firmware from new. Sorry to ask where can I get the recommended phantom patch? I can download to a usb and update the decoder.

Download center

You can try the latest patch or it may be an earlier version does better if that doesn't do the trick

I have two 5402 M3 boxes and last week they both (yes both) froze with a constant stuttering audio. No buttons work on remote or box. If I reboot them they work for about 3 seconds and then freeze again.
If it was just one box I'd say it was bricked somehow and get a new one but within a day of each other??
Seems something odd is going on but I dunno what. Any one have any ideas?

I have two 5402 M3 boxes and last week they both (yes both) froze with a constant stuttering audio. No buttons work on remote or box. If I reboot them they work for about 3 seconds and then freeze again.
If it was just one box I'd say it was bricked somehow and get a new one but within a day of each other??
There seems to be some new transmission format that is upsetting some satellite receivers including the tm5402 M3 and tm f3/5. It has only happened in the last few days & hopefully technomate will bring out a fix. It's only on a few transponders - shouldn't affect most channels so avoid the offending ones for now.

Thank you Pedro. All seems to be fixed now so I guess the transponder owners have reversed whatever they did. Good job I have two boxes otherwise i'd have assumed it was faulty and sent it back :)

Thank you Pedro. All seems to be fixed now so I guess the transponder owners have reversed whatever they did. Good job I have two boxes otherwise i'd have assumed it was faulty and sent it back :)
The freezing issue doesn't seem to be isolated to 28e, I noticed channels on 13e doing the same, I deleted the tp (12692h) & blind scanned the area & it fixed it & it may well fix by blind scanning without deleting or even a rescan only. The main parameters aren't altered btw eg fec SR

I have one of the boxes. I already have a working Italian tivusat card with cam working in the slot. Can anyone tell me if an Austrian ORF card works in the Smart Card reader? According to their website they use Irdeto ( ORF DIGITAL - EMPFANGSVORAUSSETZUNGEN ) whic should be fine, right? I don't really want to get another receiver and the Austrian card costs a one off payment of 45 EUR (I believe).

Any help much appreciated.

This has started happening to my box now. I have been trying to refresh my channels but the box freezes before I can get to the menu.

Did they ever release a fix for this issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom