The Technomate 5402HD CI+ Super+ owners thread

Got a Viaccess cam on Hotbird and the external hard drive just says PASSPORT on it, 500GB.

Hmm, have you experienced the picture judder that other Viaccess card owners have? Sounds like a Seagate drive, have you done the "speed check" in the drive management menu on the reciever? I would imagine that the drve is fine though, firmware update is defo worth a try, try 116p

How coms you can record +3, +4 & +5 at the same time or are you not on Hotbird?

Yes I'm on Hotbird mate but with Irdeto card official SMiT CAM, I use a USB powered Verbaitim 250 drive for my 5402HD.

I did have the picture judder but that was on my old box. Since then i bought this new box with official cam.

I have put the new fimware update on too yesterday. Thought that might of solved it. Speed check saying good too.

I did have the picture judder but that was on my old box. Since then i bought this new box with official cam.

I have put the new fimware update on too yesterday. Thought that might of solved it. Speed check saying good too.

I think you need to get another drive from somewhere or try a few or USB stick [eg Sandisk are definitely OK] or try different formatting method/s of the drive you are trying to use because they work really well when recording 3 channels & I'm not aware of a s/w version based problem & we've installed loads ...

.... other than some drives are OK & some they don't like & some methods of formatting .. the same with USB sticks .. & I've noticed some drives & USB sticks can work OK in TM5400's & not in TM5402HD's

A word of warning for people who already own a Technomate 6*** series & are thinking about buying a 5402HD as not a straight replacement but as a partner reciever to run along side their existing 6***. I have found that my Technomate 6800 HD's remote assigns its self to my 5402HD by simply pressing the standby button in line of sight of the 5402HD, this is really annoying and a pain in the arse to keep correcting via having to go into 5402HD's menus & resigning its original to it, so be warned!:facepalm:

I have a quick question : is it possible to edit the program recorded on the USB drive on a MAC ? I am trying but the files are not recognized by iMovie. Do I need a different program or is it just not possible ?
Many thanks in advance for your help !

I have a quick question : is it possible to edit the program recorded on the USB drive on a MAC ? I am trying but the files are not recognized by iMovie. Do I need a different program or is it just not possible ?
Many thanks in advance for your help !

there is a program that lets you convert them to .ts format & after that you should be OK but I can't find the link atm.

You can also record multiple BBC streams channels when a sports event is on showing on the multiscreens accessed normally by the red button services.

Last edited:
The real time zoom is very good now [or caught up with ancient cheapo Comag boxes] but there's that annoying box left on screen- ...

I know if you press it & use the box to position the zoom area you can then press the button next to the zoom button [UHF] & then [EXIT] & the box has gone but all the zoom functions retained ....

Is there another way to switch it off?

Yes but it takes more button presses:D, after zooming in, press the "IP" button, then the pass code 0,0,0,0, & then press exit, same effect your still in zoom, lol, a think I prefer the first way!:smashin:

Hi

I have searched numerous sites saying what channel you need to go on for 1-5 minutes to get the EOG to download but none of the seem to work. Can someone detail exactly how they got EPG to download on a 5402?

Hi

I have searched numerous sites saying what channel you need to go on for 1-5 minutes to get the EOG to download but none of the seem to work. Can someone detail exactly how they got EPG to download on a 5402?

Good question...

Press OK
Press Yellow button
Go down to 11779V
Click on the Sky promo channel [& mute]
Press EPG
Leave it on & the 7 day EPG will populate

Ideally rename it '7 DAY EPG' or similar & move that channel to somewhere handy, we put it on channel 1 on 28e on our preprogrammed TM5402HDs.

Last edited:
Three JSC channels being recorded whislt watching a fourth on my setup:

Ghostleader, had a play with my DM8000 to see how many channels i could rec at once.:D

Think your like this.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 999
Ghostleader, had a play with my DM8000 to see how many channels i could rec at once.:D

Think your like this.

Lol, thats plenty!:p:thumbsup:

Think your like this.

is that 12 at once?

there is a program that lets you convert them to .ts format & after that you should be OK but I can't find the link atm.

Thank you for that. Any luck in finding the program to convert the files ?
Thanks in advance !

Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_118p_16-03-2012

We modified some functions AS BELLOW.
1. modified audio problem( EUROBIRD 9_11900_H_27500).
2. modified C+NL card issue.
3. added frequency step in blind search menu.
4. modified ndf file.
5. speed up connecting YOUTUBE web page

Thx Phant0m

If you had the choice of the technomate or a clone dm800hd se, which would you choose? Baring in mind cost difference etc.

Cheers.

If you had the choice of the technomate or a clone dm800hd se, which would you choose? Baring in mind cost difference etc.

Cheers.

Clone DM800se you can do a hell of a lot more with the DM than you can with the Technomate, It really is a starter box into satellite

Clone DM800se you can do a hell of a lot more with the DM than you can with the Technomate, It really is a starter box into satellite

While I agree that the fake 800 can do more I think it is unfair to compare these two very different machines.

If you had the choice of the technomate or a clone dm800hd se, which would you choose?
It depends on what you want a machine to do. They're too different to compare for the same purpose.

Cheers.

The single most popular receiver we are installing now & a number of top retailers are reporting as the top seller is the Technomate TM5402HD..

The software is slickest for editing & in use, the motor control is the best on any stb, the tuner is the most sensitive on the market [only equaled by the Foxsat], genuine & quality build - has one of the best card/ cam compatibilities- loads of AV outputs, triple record etc..

.... & the one that has brought Technomate back from the sidelines- Ethernet & the patching software & cccam etc. compatibility.

Because it's so slick to use that means more people can get far more out of it..

I've seen too many people*** using various Linux boxes etc. just capable of using it in a basic manor after it's been setup for them & conversely seeing too many non techies using a TM5402HD to the fullest extent.

What's missing is server & streaming [out] capability & an obvious twin tuner model version IMO.

But I like Linux machines & the Dreamboxes, the VU+Duos ... etc. etc.. best is to have BOTH IMO..:smashin:

***I don't mean well up enthusiasts ... btw..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom