The Technomate 5402HD CI+ Super+ owners thread

How many channels can you record to the external hard drive from the same transponder, while watching another.

I thought it was recording two, and watch another. But so far only been able to record one and watch one.

Only use it for the Al Jazeera Sports channels and found which ones are on the same transponder (+1, +4, +5, +6, +7) on one and (+2, +3, +8, +9, +10) on another.

Any help would be much appreaciated!! :thumbsup:

How many channels can you record to the external hard drive from the same transponder, while watching another.

I thought it was recording two, and watch another.

3... & watch another

3... & watch another

Why can i only record one game then!! :confused:

I have tried recording two and watching one. I put two on record but then as soon as i watch the other one, the first recording stops recording the programme, but still records, if you know what i mean!!!

Why can i only record one game then!! :confused:

I have tried recording two and watching one. I put two on record but then as soon as i watch the other one, the first recording stops recording the programme, but still records, if you know what i mean!!!

You just

press record, move to next match...
press record... move to next match...
press record ... move to the next match ...
& watch ...? (subscription or free to air)

If you try to move off that tp or satellite you should get a warning first that you have recordings running.

is the drive full & what card & if one, what cam are you using?

are you using Phantompatch or what TM s/w version is it.

Tried again last night and once again no luck.

It says its recording three things and letting you watch watch another channel, but it only actually lets you record one channel and watch another.

The other two channels picture just stick's at the point where you add another channel to record, but it still actually records for the amount of time you want it too, but its wortless!!

Tried again last night and once again no luck.

It says its recording three things and letting you watch watch another channel, but it only actually lets you record one channel and watch another.

The other two channels picture just stick's at the point where you add another channel to record, but it still actually records for the amount of time you want it too, but its wortless!!

We've installed loads of TM5402HDs & they have all been spot on & I've used them but it could be the format of the drive or perhaps a new s/w revision ..

what s/w version is it.

Not sure what s/w version it is. I've only had the box about 3 weeks!!

Not sure what s/w version it is. I've only had the box about 3 weeks!!

just click on system information ... all listed there

Will check tonight. Many thanks

Please do, I can assure you that multi channel recording works mate, I recently tested out its limitations, I managed to record 3 encrypted HD movie channels whilst watching a fourth.

tm5492hd_multi_record_3x1_1bb.jpg

If you press record again on any, you can alter recording time while recording.

Last edited:
My version is 111.

As i said mine does look like that and says its recording all ok.

But when you go back and look at the actual recordings, all three are in the box,like they have recorded, but only one , the last one put on record actually records the whole programme, while the other two, the pprogramme stick at the point where you pressed record for the next one.

The whole file is recorded but you just have a frozen picture for the remeander of the recording time!!

My version is 111.

As i said mine does look like that and says its recording all ok.

But when you go back and look at the actual recordings, all three are in the box,like they have recorded, but only one , the last one put on record actually records the whole programme, while the other two, the pprogramme stick at the point where you pressed record for the next one.

The whole file is recorded but you just have a frozen picture for the remeander of the recording time!!

tested it for you as above ... 3 x record MBC Movies x 30 minutes each & put on another channel... all perfect records

s/w version 1.13 [Oct 17 2011] [not touched/ not patched]

try again but press record twice & set each one for 30mins

It could be a sw hw thing -

...or the drive make/ model & it just doesn't like it or the way it's formatted ... that can upset the recording

Will try again when i get home tonight. Do i have the latest software om my machine or is there a later one?

Will try again when i get home tonight. Do i have the latest software om my machine or is there a later one?

no, but the latest isn't on their site - later versions are being shipped & we've got an unpublished update we are supposed to be testing ...

I think the s/w is an issue of ongoing improvements adding new features & on going card handling..

Three JSC channels being recorded whislt watching a fourth on my setup:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzYtMjAxMjAyMjQtMTM1Ny5qcGc.jpg

Card compatibility list updated in post two:cool:

Tried again tonight and still the same. Still saying its recording the three channels but only still allowing me to only record the one channel in full!

When you look back at the recordings, say you have recorded for 10 minutes. Its says the full 10 minutes have recorded on all three, but once you start the record for the 2nd Channel, when you play back the first one, the picture has frozen at the point you press record on the second one.

Its then the same when you press record for the third channel. So the only channel that fully records is the third one!!

Whats your JSC channel setup, i.e. Viaccess or Irdeto card? Official CAM or card reader? Hotbird channels yeah? What kind of USB drive or stick also?

Sounds like a drive unit isnt fast enough to cope with the mult channel recording demands.

can you try another drive or a USB stick?

Got a Viaccess cam on Hotbird and the external hard drive just says PASSPORT on it, 500GB.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom