The Technomate 5402HD CI+ Super+ owners thread

Ghostleader

Long overdue,

Technomate TM-5402 HD CI+ Super+

Spec:

Technomate TM-5402 HD CI+ Super+ PVR Receiver
1x Smart Card Reader (CA) & 1x Common Interface (CI)
USB 2.0 PVR Ready via External HDD or USB Key with Time Shift Record and Playback functions
Support 1 USB Port On Rear Panel
DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 & 1.3 USUALS
Output resolution in 576i, 576p, 720p ,1080i & 1080p
HDMI Output (1.2a) & Component (YPbPr)
Support Ethernet Lan Port
Support 2 Scart(TV & VCR)
10,000 Channels Memory

Specification
Compliant MPEG-II/ MPEG-IV/ H.264.
Compliant DVB-S/ S2 satellite standard
Output resolution in 576i, 576p, 720p ,1080i & 1080p
HDMI Output (1.2a) & Component (YPbPr)
10,000 Channel Memory
1x Smart Card Readers (CA) & 1x Common Interface (CI)
Support 2 Scart(TV & VCR)
Support 1 USB Port On Rear Panel : PVR function using external HDD, playback MP3, JPEG Photos & Software transfer
Fast Hardware Blind Search
Silent Fan (can be Automatically or Manually adjusted)
Ethernet Lan Port
Dolby Digital audio output (S/PDIF and through the HDMI) & SPDIF Latency function
10 Menu Languages Supported : English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Turkish, Arabic, Persian & Russian
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3( USALS) supported
Enhanced 16 favorite channel groups
Powerful Channel Edit/Control by favorites, lock, skip, move and delete
Channel sort by alphabet, transponder and CAS
Extended EPG and program reservation on EPG
Teletext & Subtitle by OSD and VBI
Last channel memory function
Various games
Software & channel database upgrade via RS-232C: PC to STB/ STB to PC & via USB
Parental lock, Installation lock & Receiver lock
Zoom function & Multipicture display
Video color adjustment function
Standby Power consumption Max. 1W

The latest unofficial firmware is 1.16p (January 2012) this will get your Youtube feature working:clap: (Yeah!!) & cure some prob that existed with the Internet Radio function (Though I never experienced any problems with it) also features other fixes & increased softcam support for many official card systems.:smashin:

Last edited:

Ghostleader

Tuner sensitivity is top notch, after removing the lid I discovered that the good folks at TM have used the Sharp tuner module that made their 6900 series so popular among the motor mob, pair this receiver with a Inverto Black Ultra LNB on a motorized TD 88 & depending on location you will be able to pull in just about everything worth pulling in & then some!:smashin: The hardware based Blind scan is excellent & worth a once or twice a week punt to keep your channel database bang on & finding a hidden gem or two.

For those of you who are into their pay tv subs you will find the Technomates smart card reader will read most cards & handle there monthly updates aswell:smashin:

Cards I have personally tested:

JSC sports Viaccess 4 8 channel card: working
JSC sports Irdeto 2 10 channel card: working, including renewal update
Cyfra+ SECA 3: working, including card activation
$ly U.K. NDS 4: working, needs tri monthly update!
TNT Viaccess 4 (Non standard AES key): working (Get it right up you Viaccess:laugh:)
$ly Italia NDS: working, needs monthly update!
Tring Conax: working, including entitlement updates (Despite Alcr*p rumors)
TNK Conax: working, including first activation, & entitlement updates
MTV Conax: working, including first activation & entitlement updates

Last edited:

Blu4KHD

Ghostleader,

the latest Unofficial firmware is actually 117p this replaced 116p about 2 days later after it was released, No idea what the changes were but 117 is the latest from phantom

regards

Ghostleader

Ghostleader,

the latest Unofficial firmware is actually 117p this replaced 116p about 2 days later after it was released, No idea what the changes were but 117 is the latest from phantom

regards
Aint touching it as theres no write up for it:smashin:

JH4

Yeh, great machine. I had a few initial issues with stuttering video on Hotbird's RAI channels, even though they were at 94% strength, but that seems to have righted itself now. I am using a 1.2M Fibo Gregorian and associated Technomate Vbox motor driver and an external HDD. Everything works just fine. Editing on the HDD is a bit unusual, but easily mastered after a bit of practice. Just different to most other machines. Outputing at 1080p gives a superb HD picture. Most Sats. come in at well over 90%, but Hispasat eludes me currently. A dish alignment issue, I'm sure. Have'nt tried any cards yet, as I am a nooby in this respect. Any advice gladly received...!
A question though - how do you update the software ? I can see the System settings/IP settings/ firmware update blue button, but what do you put in the 000.000.000.000 position ? ( It's 'net connected. Mine is at s/w 1.11.)

Last edited:

Ghostleader

When using the record facility, can I record directly on to a USB device plugged into the receiver?

Thanks.
If its FAT32 formated most likely yes, if its a stick or drive that hasnt been used before then despite what it says in the Technomate manuals I find its best to format the drive via the Technomates USB management opiton, once its formated off you go.

Ghostleader

A question though - how do you update the software ? I can see the System settings/IP settings/ firmware update blue button, but what do you put in the 000.000.000.000 position ? ( It's 'net connected. Mine is at s/w 1.11.)
1.11's well out of date, from Jul 11 I think? any how, I dont think there is a active server for a net download of firmware despite there being a button tab option, its a USB affair, get yourself a blank 8 Gig USB stick & use that for firmware updates only, thats what I have always done with my receivers that update via USB.:smashin:

You wont find the latest firmwares on the official Technomate website & you will need a unzip program as they are all Zip files to avoid corruption during downloading etc.

Ghostleader

How do I format the drive via the Technomates USB management opiton?

Cheers.
List of button press's:

Press "Menu" button, scroll up one place for it to 'Jump' to the (USB) option at the bottom of the main menu options, move to the right & highlight (Disk Manager), press "ok" button & then go down to the fourth option on the list (Format Disk) & press the "ok" button, job done!:smashin:, it may take a couple of minutes if theres stuff on there your not caring about deleting and its a large size drive etc.

Last edited:

JH4

Just updated to s/w 116 and a softcam s/w as well - thanks to you guys. Got YouTube now, but it's very poor compared to the app. on my Sony TV. You can't sign in and a lot of vids. simply won't play. You have to guess what video quality they are, and even then it's a lottery. Needs some work on the next update, I think.
( Try typing in "Flamenco Barcelona" on the YT app, exit and OK, and choose the second vid. that appears.
Choose 'high quality'. It's a great clip in HD of 2 street guitarists.) It takes a while to download - much slower than my TV on the same router - I wonder if it loads it to the HDD ? It doesn't appear on the HDD list.
I wish you could record it to that HDD...

r0adrunner

Standard Member
I am still getting a jerking picture on the Jazxeera Sport+ channels, something which has spread to some other channels.

I am beginning to think it was a mistake to replace the TM 1500 with the 5402HD

Ghostleader

What firmware version, what a.v. connection?:confused:

r0adrunner

Standard Member
Where can I find the fimrware version?

I am using SCART leads at the moment, connecting the receiver to the TV via a VCR.

Ghostleader

Where can I find the fimrware version?

I am using SCART leads at the moment, connecting the receiver to the TV via a VCR.
Press menu button & select the (system information) tab, its near the bottom, look at firmware version within that & see what number it says 109, 111p or whatever.;)

Ghostleader

On the System information menu, there is S/W Version : 1.15p [Nov 8 2011]

Is that it?
Yes thats it, its not the newest version but until just the other day I was using 111p from July & my JSC channels were fine then & obviously are now aswell, you could try updating your receiver to 116p & see if that resolves it.

Ghostleader

r0adrunner

Standard Member
Yes thats it, its not the newest version but until just the other day I was using 111p from July & my JSC channels were fine then & obviously are now aswell, you could try updating your receiver to 116p & see if that resolves it.
I see. Do I do that from the TM site?

Thanks.

Ghostleader

I see. Do I do that from the TM site?

Thanks.
No mate, from the unofficial download centre, anybody out there got link, I've just got a tablet pc & my favourites are on the old laptop:rolleyes::blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sonus faber announces Maxima Amator speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL announces new soundbars for UK TV consumers
  • By Andy Bassett