The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Cas Harlow, 21st January 2010
2009’s version of The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 is a perfectly enjoyable, sometimes thrilling, sometimes dramatic movie. The high points include seeing the ever reliable Denzel Washington, in an a-typical role, facing off against a suitably psychotic John Travolta, on unusually good form. On the flipside the film is, frankly, fairly redundant, pandering to those who can’t be bothered to watch classic 70s thrillers. Still, if you haven’t seen the original, you will no doubt find this pretty original and pretty exciting. Coming to UK Region Free Blu-ray we get everything the American's got: amazing video and audio (the Director Tony Scott certainly has a flair for filming material that looks good in Hi-Def) and a decent set of extras to round off the disc. Fans would be advised not to hesitate in a purchase. As for newcomers... well the stubborn film buff in me would strongly suggest you seriously consider checking out the original first. The realist knows that this new flick is infinitely more accessible for modern generations. So, in light of that, for those who do just want to skip the 70s version, I can safely say that this film and this release will not disappoint.
Read the full review...

Picked this up yesterday... based on your review... :eek:

And I was really impressed! :thumbsup:

I was hoping it would be entertaining, of course. :D But I was surprised at how good it was, I really enjoyed this film. So much so I will look out for the original. :D

So cheers, after a tiring month and a long day we had a great evening watching this BR. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom