The Steak Shop

BigChopper

Thr company i work for had to change overnight, we supplied steaks to resturaunts and we had to start selling to the general public via internet orders due to all resturaunts being closed down, it’s kept us going but on a smaller scale, if most of us weren’t furloughed we’d have closed down for sure

IronGiant

@aVdub I've just submitted an order. £10 discount for a first order if you sign up to their newsletter. If they are a struggling business I thought it would be cheeky to try adding the 10% discount too, so I didn't.

meduk1

Any feedback on this place? Having a look for decent online steak. Only thing that puts me off here is their website doesn't actually tell you anything about them, how they deliver, how they work, who they are etc.

IronGiant

Their sirloins were very nice :)

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Any feedback on this place? Having a look for decent online steak. Only thing that puts me off here is their website doesn't actually tell you anything about them, how they deliver, how they work, who they are etc.

It’s delivered fresh but can be frozen by you
We always put a 4 day best before , as we want to encourage people to eat it as soon as possible or freeze it
( as health and safety has advised us to do this.)
However, if its vacuum packed, it can last in your fridge for 5 days.
Enjoy, and grill safe x

BobBob21

Australian Wagyu, USDA, Argentinian beef and Spanish... I'm not the biggest environmentalists but that's a lot of food miles flying bits of cow around when there are so many great producers in the UK. Also find the comments on Argentinian option is somewhat amusing given they're generally even worse than the US for feedlots and grain fed animals.

I do believe in supporting local businesses but they too should be buying from local businesses.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
Just clicked on the link to their site , web page loads and then i'm greeted by 3 popups instantly, one asking for me to accept push notifications, one for email address for 10% off and a third for questions etc all covering the main page.

I may be among the few on this but i'm instantly out off by things like this, its 3 unnecessary extra clicks before i have an unobstructed view of the home page

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Australian Wagyu, USDA, Argentinian beef and Spanish... I'm not the biggest environmentalists but that's a lot of food miles flying bits of cow around when there are so many great producers in the UK. Also find the comments on Argentinian option is somewhat amusing given they're generally even worse than the US for feedlots and grain fed animals.

I do believe in supporting local businesses but they too should be buying from local businesses.

You are not being forced to buy this meat from other countries, but for some it is nice to have a choice and no more worse than some supermarkets that always have that seasonal veg & fruit flown in when it is out of season in the UK.

They do support local as well, but could do with an about page + their support of local farmers, suppliers etc.

BobBob21

You are not being forced to buy this meat from other countries, but for some it is nice to have a choice and no more worse than some supermarkets that always have that seasonal veg & fruit flown in when it is out of season in the UK.

They do support local as well, but could do with an about page + their support of local farmers, suppliers etc.
I can only read what they say/show which at present is that they are flying meat around the world... their blog does point out that UK beef has half the environmental impact even before overseas meat gets on a plane yet all they stock is flown in product. I am not disputing they are somehow otherwise supporting local but based on their site they aren't and are just being terribly polluting.

Saying supermarkets are terrible therefore its fine for others to be terrible too really shouldn't be defendable these days. That said buying local can be worse at times, at least according to Natoora, saying that UK farmers growing in heated greenhouses to get early "local" is worse than shipping by road/sea from warmer climes

aVdub

Distinguished Member
I've messaged the owners asking if they can add an about page and details of how they are working with local producers and the like.
Have been informed that it is something they would consider.

meduk1

Thought it was worth giving some feedback. I put an order in about a month ago for a selection of different steak cuts. Was delivered on the day requested, well packaged and steaks were very good.

As has been said - quite an interesting selection that you may not get at a regular butchers which is what interested me.

No complaints, would likely use again for special occasions.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom