The Sound of Thunder

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Whats happened to this movie.
It kept being announced that it was going to be released, and then shelved.
It hasn't slipped out without me noticing has it.
Either way, all the signs are not good. Shame if it is a turkey, I really enjoyed the short story many years ago.

gatty-jr-jr

Steve N said:
Whats happened to this movie.
It kept being announced that it was going to be released, and then shelved.
It hasn't slipped out without me noticing has it.
Either way, all the signs are not good. Shame if it is a turkey, I really enjoyed the short story many years ago.

It was out in the states and totally bombed! rotten tomatoes rating 7%

Coming out on region 1 dvd 28th March.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I feared as much.
I had to laugh at the reviewer who said:-
"I kept waiting for those guys from Mystery Science Theater to pop up in the corner of the screen."

Razor

Distinguished Member
It was a waste of a movie. The actual idea behind the movie wasnt too bad but it was just carried out wrong. It could of been so much better than it was. 4/10

If it was done correctly this movie could of been an easy 8/10.

R

rmoxon

This movie was really bad yeah, but it had some incredabley funny stuff about it like...

“Oscar winner” Ben Kingsley's blonde wig, its amazing how he appears to be a cross between Rick Flare and a constipated rodent.. (yeah ok, so he just looks like Rick Flare)

“Award Winner” Ed Burns, who chose to star in this movie despite winning shiny objects for his knowledge of script writing. He spends the first 10 minutes of the film confused by his surroundings, then he realises how crap a movie this is and he spends his remaining screen time looking bored beyond recognition.

EVERY single exterior shot that takes place is filmed with the “help” of a blue screen and every actor seems to be either on a treadmill or walking on the spot, with only the backgrounds actually moving.

there is ONE scene of character development that occurs when you hear Ed Burns state that he has lived in his apartment for 2 years despite not having unpacked anything yet. Clearly showing us that this character, who has done nothing so far but said stupid things, argued with a computer screen, and unleashed mutant dinosaurs on all of man kind, really is an eccentrically intelligent kind of fella.

The amazing special effects, the creatures that feature a baboon's head stuck on a lizards body being the particular highlight. Then you hear a character state they are getting more evolved, even though they look and act exactly the same as they did when we first saw them.

Actually it is worth pointing out that the effects in the movie were only suppose to be temp shots, but they run out of money and so the effects were never actually completed.... those plastic dinosaurs are still funny has hell though.

Marc

Distinguished Member
had been meaning to watch this for a while, due to interest in the concept so finally decided to tonight so i could contribute to the thread, gotta say although the cgi is rubbish and the acting not particularly inspiring, i still enjoyed the movie, i reckon it's a semi decent popcorn movie, i'd like to see what would happen if they got enough funding to finish the cgi. my main gripe would be how on earth a reptile and a mammal managed to "evolve" into the same creature..

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom