• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Sopranos episode "Remember When" (Spoiler)

FunkyMunkey

Prominent Member
Slightly random question...

I'm nearing the end of The Sopranos Season 6 and just watched the episode "Remember When", when 'Doc' Santoro gets whacked.

When you see his body lying on he floor, I noticed that the scream you hear is exactly the same one used in he Dr. Dre song Big Ego's (2:12 below).

YouTube - Big Egos Instrumental - Dr Dre

Is this some kind of "famous scream" or something? Like from the shower scene in Psycho (although it's not that, I checked!)

I just feel like it must be more than a coincidence because it's kind of reference that clever film/TV makers use. Can't find any info on google and thought one of you guys might have an idea

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
It probably isn't a coincidence. Sound engineers/mixers probably have a database with thousands of different samples that tells them the origin of the sound and where it has appeared over the years.

Take the famous prop newspaper, for example. It has appeared all over the place for a while now. Check it out...

LOL: The Recurring Prop Newspaper | /Film

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom