The Social Network 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

keithwiggins

Hixs

Distinguished Member
One of my favorite films.

Doc

Yup, one of my favourite films also.
Plenty of funny dialogue, and a terrific surprising-yet-perfectly-fitting score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

dan~

Love this film but I can’t help feeling physically sick whenever I watch it.

I was on holiday in Florida and this was released, so I thought let’s watch it.

Ordered my 15gallon cup of coke and salted popcorn, then I noticed someone was squirting hot liquid cheese from a dispenser on their popcorn 🤮

SMeister

Even if its not completely factual its definitely entertaining and a film I can watch over and over. Great performances all round even by Timberlake who is annoying but great at being so.

Jessica Noir

When Zuckerberg was being hauled up before committees, Sorkin did float the idea of a sequel about how Facebook was weaponised but I doubt we'll see the same team returning again. Very much looking forward to seeing this in 4K, as it's easily one of the best films of the 2010s with the cast never being better than they are here.

Still kind of weird that Fincher is so underrepresented on 4K. We have had This, Gone Girl (digitally) and Mark (through Netflix) but the like of Se7en, Zodiac, Fight Club would look spectacular. There was placeholders for a release of Fight Club but nothing came of it.

mi z

Standard Member
Fight Club is now under Disney who have been not great with their 4k releases (and physical media in general). I think with performances of other 4ks like Heat might change their mind though.

Jessica Noir

Fight Club is now under Disney who have been not great with their 4k releases (and physical media in general). I think with performances of other 4ks like Heat might change their mind though.
Unless Heat and Speed make a boatload of sales, I can't see Disney pushing ahead with many physical releases of older Fox/Regency titles.

mi z

Standard Member
Unless Heat and Speed make a boatload of sales, I can't see Disney pushing ahead with many physical releases of older Fox/Regency titles.
they did originally say no more catalogue titles in 4k, but then backtracked and released Speed.

Jessica Noir

they did originally say no more catalogue titles in 4k, but then backtracked and released Speed.
If only they'd release a 4K of Ed Wood.

MoFoHo

What is the difference between unrated soundtrack and theatrical soundtrack?
I think it's a single F bomb. So, not much difference really.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom