The Sky At Night when BBC 4 becomes an archive channel

Ian Thompson

With BBC 4 going to become mainly an archive channel! I’m wondering will The Sky At Night have a future on BBC TV? And if so which BBC TV channel will The Sky At Night continue to be broadcast on. Or will The Sky At Night come to an end on BBC TV. Although I must say since the sad death of Patrick Moore, I’ve never enjoyed The Sky At Night as much. I don’t blame the presenters on The Sky Night. But you never get any serious discussions since Patrick Moore sadly died. As I said I don’t blame the presenters. But I blame whoever at the BBC made the decision on how The Sky At Night is now broadcast in what seems to me now a downmarket Astronomical TV series. Such as background music during The Sky At Night. Which never happened when Patrick Moore was the presenter. The style of The Sky At Night changed so suddenly In style with the first Sky At Night broadcast without Patrick Moore as the presenter. Also since Patrick Moore died, there’s now a short period each year of around 2 months when The Sky At Night doesn't broadcast as it takes a 2 month break. Which never happened in all those decades with Patrick Moore as the presenter. I’m torn between whether The Sky At Night should continue to be broadcast or whether The Sky At Night should come to a natural end and if The Sky At Night continues to be broadcast how can and when and what time and how often can that series be broadcast on BBC 1 or BBC 2. I’ve got no idea if The Sky At Night will continue to be broadcast or if that happens I don’t know what channel it will be broadcast on in the future.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom