The Skin I Live In

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Teaser trailer for 'The Skin I Live In' from director Pedro Almodovar, and stars Antonio Banderas as a plastic surgeon who is trying to create new skin for his badly injured wife.

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9Kng4tYII"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Cast;

Antonio BANDERAS, Elena ANAYA, Marisa PAREDES, Jan CORNET, Roberto ÁLAMO, Blanca SUÁREZ, Eduard FERNÁNDEZ

Synopsis

Ever since his wife was burned in a car crash, Dr. Robert Ledgard, an eminent plastic surgeon, has been interested in creating a new skin with which he could have saved her. After twelve years, he manages to cultivate a skin that is a real shield against every assault.

In addition to years of study and experimentation, Robert needed a further three things: no scruples, an accomplice and a human guinea pig. Scruples were never a problem. Marilia, the woman who looked after him from the day he was born, is his most faithful accomplice. And as for the human guinea pig...

Credits;

Pedro ALMODÓVAR - Director Pedro ALMODÓVAR - Screenplay José Luis ALCAINE - Cinematography Antxon GÓMEZ - Set Designer Alberto IGLESIAS - Music José SALCEDO - Film Editor Iván MARÍN - Sound

Last edited:
65383.jpg

..and "no thanks" to that idiot Derek Malcolm, who chose to give away every plot twist in his Cannes review in the Evening Standard. Why does that man still get employed. :mad:

Looks interesting. I'm currently on a subtitleathon. :D

Teaser #2

<object width="750" height="466"><param name="movie" value="http://ictv-tf-ec.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/97b1fda2ca43d6c29eaf63ed1ec347c6/4dff5eabb8886/31/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://ictv-tf-ec.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/97b1fda2ca43d6c29eaf63ed1ec347c6/4dff5eabb8886/31/0/defaultPlayer^player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="750" height="466"></embed></object>

Eyes Without A Face anyone?

Yes, well it would do wouldn't it.

I like the look of this. I've forgotten all about Eyes without a Face so I'll have to revisit it.

I saw this yesterday and found it slightly underwhelming. Almodovar is a fantastic filmmaker, but by now his films have almost become too smooth and slick. Considering its subject matter the film was just a little too understated and tasteful. Despite the skin transplant plot and the publicity, it has very little in common with Eyes Without a Face and those expecting a horror film will probably be disappointed. The subject matter is that of a horror film, but in its treatment it's a typical Almodovar melodrama, only without the humour or the liveliness and the eccentric characters of his earlier films. It's perfectly watchable, very atmospheric and never boring, but just like Broken Embraces this left me a little cold no matter how beautiful it looked.

Watched this and i really enjoyed the dark nature of it, never a dull moment. I felt sorry for
the boy as the doctor's daughter was willing to have sex, she was psychologically damaged before this incident
. Classy horror drama. 8.5/10

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom