1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The size of amps

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bob1, Dec 22, 2003.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I have a sony 1080 amp which just fits in my rack,looking at the next step up for an upgrade the amps seem massive and will not fit.The actual size of the amp depth way is 355mm,a bit bigger when you messure the knobs on the front and the bits on the back.One of the amps i looked at was the Denon AVR-3803 at 416mm depth,whats the real size of this please,infact the real size of any amp would be a help ,the pioneer amps seem really big.
    Thanks for any sizes put my way Bob1...

Changing the rack is not an option.

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Bob
    I dont think you will be able to get anything av receiver wise(above your sonys budget) to fit in that depth.Cyrus amps and proccessors would fit but would cost a packet so out of the question.Ive got to have a new av stand made to house my harman kardon receiver its depth is 520 mm that really is your only option if you want to change receivers.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Thanks i might have to go down to the shops with a tape messure ,the sony is 400mm ish so thats a bit bigger than the actual size.:rolleyes: