The Sinner (USA / Netflix UK) renewed for S4, S3 June 19, 2020 (Netflix UK)

Anyone else think about this plot hole in season 1
The entire last episode when we see that it’s really Phoebe who went out with Cora, I kept thinking “How is Phoebe going to get home??” They really confused me on that one, because her parents claimed in a previous episode that Phoebe died at home a month after Cora left.

With a death you need to prove it and get a death certificate.... you need proof of a body! In real life neighbours, the hospital staff, and police would have been aware of the sick girl at that house and her disappearance should have been noticed. So I assume she really did die at home a month later, because that’s what would have to have happened if the parents were to make that claim. Ambrose could have figured out that it was a lie with one call!

Finished S2 over the weekend, bloody brilliant series. Was some really good twists and turns.

8/10.

I came across this my accident on Netflix. It's absolutely brilliant. I'm on s2 now and loving the series.
The sinner is genuinely brilliant. It's well made without any gratuitous attention seeking sex, swearing and violence
It's a marvellous series

Just started the first episode this evening (Season 1).

I admit I didn't really fancy it, but the short run pulled me in. After watching Godbless I have acquired a taste for things that don't run on for like 20 episodes!!

Enjoyed it, and I'm intrigued as to what is actually going on. So I'll continue. Was a pleasant surprise to see Bill Pullman in it, I never realised he was till his name popped in the credits.

Is it a contained season and season 2 is totally separate? I don't want to go searching for that kind of answer after just one episode. No doubt I'll see something I don't want to!!
Personally thought Season 1 was just bearable and 3 episodes too long, love the setting of season 2. It's similar to True Detective season 1 following a group of cults.

Deffo skip season 1 and go to season 2.

Personally thought Season 1 was just bearable and 3 episodes too long, love the setting of season 2. It's similar to True Detective season 1 following a group of cults.

Deffo skip season 1 and go to season 2.

I posted above mate I've already boxed Season 1. Not started Season 2 yet.

I don't think S1 was as fantastic as I've seen made out, but I did enjoy it. Jessica Biel helped :love:

‘The Sinner’ Renewed For Season 3 By USA With Matt Bomer Starring
Bomer will play Jamie, an upstanding Dorchester resident and expectant father who looks to Ambrose for support in the wake of the accident

Season 3 Synopsis
The Sinner‘s third installment follows Detective Harry Ambrose (Pullman) as he begins a routine investigation of a tragic car accident on the outskirts of Dorchester, in upstate New York. Ambrose uncovers a hidden crime that pulls him into the most dangerous and disturbing case of his career.

Last edited:
Found this by chance, really liked Season 1. Looking forward to watching Season 2.

Sounds like 3 will b a good series.

‘The Sinner’: Jessica Hecht, Parisa Fitz-Henley & Eddie Martinez Join Cast – Deadline
Jessica Hecht will play Sonya, a successful painter living a secluded life in Dorchester who meets Ambrose (Pullman) when he investigates a tragic car accident on her property
Parisa Fitz-Henley will portray Leela Burns. Jamie’s (Bomer) expectant wife and the stylish Brooklyn-born owner of a boutique in downtown Dorchester.
Eddie Martinez will play Vic Soto, a hardworking former Marine and rising star detective at the Dorchester Police Department who works with Ambrose (Pullman)

Last edited:
Not sure I will bother this time. Really enjoyed series 1 but thought series 2 was dull and self indulgent by comparison.

We loved season 2, sufficiently different and still very enjoyable and we’re looking forward to season 3

Gave up after 3 episode of season 2. Season one was fantastic

Season two was good, season one was better.

Looking forward to watching season 3.

In hindsight for me Season 2 was better than 1. But I enjoyed them both very much.

I'm a fan of Carrie Coon, and she was excellent in Season 2.

It's not finished airing in the US so it might be 1 a week, would be nice if it was the whole season.

Tomorrow! Bonus.

Although I don't get out of bed now unless it's all there for me to watch :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom