The Sims 4

Our Year

Distinguished Member
The Sims 4 has officially been announced by EA.

It's slated for release in 2014 on PC and Mac.

Series developer Maxis will be handling the latest numbered Sims game, the first since 2009's The Sims 3. The series has sold over 150 million copies worldwide

get your preorders in :rotfl:;)
digital Delux will be £90

Attachments

• 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Spudhead

Looking forward to it. I only build a house then turn it off never to be played again!

jassco

Distinguished Member
I wonder how much of an impact the shambles that is sim city will have on sales of this - I certainly won't be touching it despite quite enjoying 3

Foster

Distinguished Member
I've only ever played the original, starting a fire then removing the door is fun or putting them in the pool then removing the ladder. I won't be buying this, It isn't like they are different from iteration to iteration.

Our Year

Distinguished Member
TheSimsHub, a Sims fan site, has put up an extended version of EA's announcement which reveals that the game won't require players to be connected to the internet in order to play it.

“The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience,” it reads. “The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.”

aslird

Distinguished Member
So, the Sims, which is perfect for mulitplayer (seeing other players sims live their lives out in your world would be good) doesn't get always online multiplayer, yet Simcity, which is perfect for solo play gets always online multiplayer - nice logic maxis :)

eiren

Distinguished Member
I'm very surprised this isn't an MMO type affair.

My wife will be excited though.

cabanatuan

Banned
loved sims 3 but feel they will tarnish this game the same way they did for sim city.

i built my current pc from scratch for Sims 3!

Foster

Distinguished Member
loved sims 3 but feel they will tarnish this game the same way they did for sim city.

I'd be embarrassed to say that xD.

bladedripper

Distinguished Member

TheNameIsJambo

Distinguished Member

I built my PC from scratch to get bitches!

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
So, the Sims, which is perfect for mulitplayer (seeing other players sims live their lives out in your world would be good) doesn't get always online multiplayer, yet Simcity, which is perfect for solo play gets always online multiplayer - nice logic maxis :)

Perfect statement there. Just sums up Maxis at the moment. The Sim City always on ****** is DRM pure and simple.

TheNameIsJambo

Distinguished Member
The Sims 4 Dewuxx = £90.

Access to the Game DLC = £90.

Save Game Ability DLC = £30.

Load Game Ability DLC = £60.

Left Click Ability = £100.

Better Than 'Low' Graphics Option = £300.

Higher Resolution Than 640x480 Option = £200.

Female Sims = £300.

Male Sims = £300.

Animal Sims = £150.

It's all there for the taking EA... It. Is. All. There.

BestGirlFriend

Standard Member
I am so excited. I think this should be my first game that I buy myself.

How much do we guess it will be?
And will it be better than SimCity. Looking at the reviews for that I am glad I didn't buy that snorefest!

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
I am so excited. I think this should be my first game that I buy myself.

How much do we guess it will be?
And will it be better than SimCity. Looking at the reviews for that I am glad I didn't buy that snorefest!

Why not let 'BestBoyFriend' buy it for you?

Not into Sims myself, I have the Mrs. Micro managing my life, I don't need to inflict that on Sims.

Jonesy012

This.

I swear some developers/publishers (especially) don't have a bloody clue these days. Like they pick decisions out of a hat.

BestGirlFriend

Standard Member
Why not let 'BestBoyFriend' buy it for you?

Not into Sims myself, I have the Mrs. Micro managing my life, I don't need to inflict that on Sims.

:hiya: I would... But I like to buy things for myself. Plus I doubt he would buy me Sims4. He has lots of war type games which I cannot be bothered with.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Genuinely, I don't think I've played a more romantic game than The Sims.

The only other game where I actually went out of my way to nurture a relationship was Dragon Age/Mass Effect (that's Bioware for you!), quite different games though :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution