The Simpsons

homers

Standard Member
Reaction score
On the Simpsons episode Homer At The Bat, when homer hits the home run it goes in slow motion and music comes on and it follows the ball. Does anyone know the name of that music.

No it's not that song. It is the tune when homer whacks the ball and you see the ball in slow motion going over the fence.

Your after the bit of orcestral score that plays within the scene. I have heard it a few times in the simpsons. I think it may have been actually written for the program. It does sound very simular to other music that is played when the hero makes the last pass/scores the last point/ home run, in any other sports movie :D

can someone give me a clue what season please and i'll engage my formidable brain :D

Gary

Season 3-17
or episode 52 :D

Homer at the bat.

Originally aired: Thursday February 20, 1992 on FOX

Writer: John Swartzwelder
Director: Jim Reardon
Guest Stars: Wade Boggs (Himself) , Jose Canseco (Himself) , Roger Clemens (Himself) , Ken Griffey Jr. (Himself) , Don Mattingly (Himself) , Steve Sax (Himself) , Mike Scioscia (Himself) , Ozzie Smith (Himself) , Darryl Strawberry (Himself) , Terry Cashman (Himself)
Production Code: 8F13

Mr. Burns makes a million dollar bet with his arch-rival Aristotle Amadopolis that the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant team will beat the Shelbyville Nuclear Power Plant team in the softball championships. To ensure victory, Burns hires a number of ringers, including pro baseball players Darryl Strawberry, Ken Griffey, Jr., Steve Sax, Roger Clemens, Jose Canseco, Don Mattingly, Ozzie Smith, Wade Boggs and Mike Scioscia to replace the plant employees he cut from the team. But as game day approaches, the pros all succumb to various strange ailments and accidents that prevent them from playing and it's up to Homer and his teammates to beat the Shelbyville team. With bases loaded and the score tied in the ninth inning, Homer is sent to bat and wins the game when the pitch hits him in the head and accidentally scores a homer.

I think it was also used in the simpsons episode when homer bowls a perfect game.
Cant remember the tile of that one though.

Dave.

I think it was also used in the simpsons episode when homer bowls a perfect game.
Cant remember the tile of that one though.

found it :D

Hello gutter, hello fadder

Originally aired: Sunday November 14, 1999 on FOX

Writer: Al Jean
Director: Mike B. Anderson
Guest Stars: Ron Howard (Himself) , Penn Jillette (Himself) , Teller (Himself) , Pat O'Brien (Himself) , Nancy O'Dell (Herself)
Production Code: BABF02

Homer shows up REALLY late for work and as a punishment he has to eat toxic waste. Instead he blows off his punishment and goes bowling with Lenny and Carl and he bowls a perfect 300 game. He gets on the news and becomes a local hero. He speaks to schoolchildren and he appears on "Springfield Squares." His celebrity begins to fade. He compares himself to Jesus. He gets depressed and goes to the top of a tall building and jumps off, but a bungee jumping Otto saves him. He thinks that God has saved him for a higher purpose, so he begins to look for it. He decides it might be his children, but he thinks that it isn't Bart or Lisa since they don't appear to need him. So he takes an interest in raising Maggie. He teaches her how to swim, but she has a fear of the water. When Homer almost drowns, she saves his life. So he teaches her how to bowl and she scores a 295 game.

The Simpsons will this week (US) go inside Homer Simpson’s brain for an episode inspired by Inception.

On the Simpsons episode Homer At The Bat, when homer hits the home run it goes in slow motion and music comes on and it follows the ball. Does anyone know the name of that music.

Could be wrong but I think it's in The Natural?

The Simpsons has the most pages via search title!, so popular back in the day.
i pinned this 2005 thread one down

The Simpsons will be making Disney Plus their exclusive home for streaming, starting at launch.

previously

Last edited:
Jason Momoa has been cast as Jason Momoa in ‘Season 31

D_v_R6fXoAA3HgX.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom