1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Simpsons. The End?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Lex, May 3, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

I heard a couple of brief snippets on an entertainment news show earlier which reported that the Simpsons was finally coming to an end on tv. Is this accurate? Can anyone confirm this?

It would be sad if it were true, but at the same time the standards have been dropping steadily over the last few years. :(

Still cannot believe they axed Futurama - best show on telly! :mad: :mad:

2. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No it is not true :rolleyes: He said that he was miss quoted, And that it will run as long as there are things to send up. What he did say was, all he meant was that after 300 shows, it is nearer the end then the then the start.

3. danielzavitz

danielzavitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i heard he was threatening to never make the simpsns again if fox didn't bring back futurama.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Lex,

Actually, none of those previous posts are correct. What Matt Groening "officially" stated was this:

"I'm getting tired of doing The Simpsons. After 300 or so shows, it gets more and more difficult to find ways of poking fun at things. Homer's a dumb guy, but there's only so many ways to show him up."

He did NOT say that the show was being pulled, cancelled or dropped. He did NOT say he was quitting the show. He did NOT say that he was threatening to stop doing the show, unless Futurama was able to be continued.

More than likely, he'll do another couple of years worth of episodes, and then probably pull the plug. After all, that will be 15 years worth of TV he's done, solidly, which is impressive outside of ANY genre of TV. With the exception of "Coronation Street", I can't think of any TV show that's run as long as 15 years. Even "Neighbours" and "Eastenders" have been running for just over 10 years, give or take. So he's certainly made one hell of a mark on TV history!

Pooch

5. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He did indeed say that after 300 shows ,it was closer to the end then the beginning, and he did say that he was misquoted. But seeing as poochy has the "official" story:rolleyes: And we all know "official" stories are never misquoted don't we:rolleyes:

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sean said exactly the same thing as Pooch, but apparently he is wrong and Pooch is right! :D :D

Thanks for the info guys!

PS Neighbours has actually been running for 18 years if anyone is interested! :rolleyes:

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Okay, okay. So I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been writing that last post of mine. Shoot me, okay! ;)

And "Neighbours" running for 18 years - Bloody hell! Imagine if that were to get a DVD release, or "Coronation Street" as well?!

Pooch

8. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek: :mad: :(

9. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am sure that groening suggested that the end of the tv show may be followed by the production of a simpsons film

10. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We all know thats a bad idea. Tom and Jerry anyone :rolleyes:

11. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

Yeah, but Beavis & Butthead Do America was a great film! South Park was pretty funny too!!;)