The Simpsons Season 6 DVD Release

Indiana Jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I recieved my copy of The Simpsons Season 6 from Movietyme today a whole 11 days before release and the new style packaging is certainly different.

I am not really good at describing things so took some shots of the set...

Outer and Inner Cases
OutandInner.jpg

Back of the Case
Back.jpg

Inside the Case
Inside.jpg

The Disc Case

Stack.jpg

I know that when the packaging was first announced people complained that it wouldnt match the Season 1-5 packaging, well for them there is good news in the form of a leaflet inside the set which states the following...

For all those that fear change...

For all those anal-retentive nerds who like their DVD boxes to line up perfectly on the shelf...

For those who dislike storing their digital media inside a hollowed-out human head, have we got a deal for you:

Just call 1-800-223-2369 for a very derivative, old-style, just-like-before box with almost nothing new or creative to annoy or terrify you. Enjoy!

Yeah i had a laugh when i read that. It different the packageing but it feels really cheaply made i would rather have the matching if im honest. Just watched a few and the transfer on the first disc anyway isnt very good. I tried it on variuos dvd players and tvs and it comes across blockie and not as good as last season release. Maybe its just the first disc i hope it is.

Got mine this morning and its nasty and cheap very, very disappointed.

I doubt you'll get a package exchange though as such things only apply in the states :(

Gary

Has there been any news as to the R2 releases coming out in this style of packaging?

I know that when the packaging was first announced people complained that it wouldnt match the Season 1-5 packaging, well for them there is good news in the form of a leaflet inside the set which states the following...

For all those that fear change...

For all those anal-retentive nerds who like their DVD boxes to line up perfectly on the shelf...

For those who dislike storing their digital media inside a hollowed-out human head, have we got a deal for you:

Just call 1-800-223-2369 for a very derivative, old-style, just-like-before box with almost nothing new or creative to annoy or terrify you. Enjoy!

Love it, absolutly love it :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is however the sort of thing that would give me the ump :D . I'm sorry but I do like a nice neat and tidy dvd shelve with matching boxes for matching relases. :D

Has anyone applied for the old-style, just-like before box yet, and if so what is it like? Will it make-up for the disaster that appears to be the new format for seasons 6-10?

Tejstar said:
I think they look great. I'm not too bothered if they don't match up. I hope this packaging will apply for R2 too!

Same here - hopefully they will use other characters for future series after the ones with the "family" - id love to see a Mr Burns box set :)

Yes guys they LOOK great, wait till ou got one and realise how cheap it is.

Gary

Interestingly Sky one is (right now) showing Homer Vs the city of New York - the one where Homers car is illegally parked between the twin towers.

Those new packages look really cheap.

I'm importing an LCD TV from the States soon so I'll probably call that number, order a replacement and have my mail forwarding agent throw it into the box.

Lyris said:
Those new packages look really cheap.

I'm importing an LCD TV from the States soon so I'll probably call that number, order a replacement and have my mail forwarding agent throw it into the box.

mail forwarding agent? tell me more please :D

Gary

www.myus.com

All your "Only in America" problems solved forever :)

Problem is, it probably isn't worth the $35 signup fee and $15 monthly fee unless you import lots of stuff!

thanks lyris :thumbsup: having a looky

Gary

Battle said:
Interestingly Sky one is (right now) showing Homer Vs the city of New York - the one where Homers car is illegally parked between the twin towers.

It was the fairly heavily edited post-Sept 11th version. I wonder if the DVD version will be edited.

templar_knight said:
Has anyone applied for the old-style, just-like before box yet, and if so what is it like? Will it make-up for the disaster that appears to be the new format for seasons 6-10?
Considering the DVD isnt officially released for over another week I dont think it would be wise to call the number just yet and there is no way for anyone to have got the old style packaging set yet as like I said, no one should really even have the standard release.

the plastic dvd holders on this new set - fell off the card last night. :( this has to be the worst set i've ever seen. going to have to seriously question if i buy the rest of them now :(

Gary

By the way.........

that old-style box Phone number is actually for a Financial Consultancy Firm.

Gary D said:
the plastic dvd holders on this new set - fell off the card last night. :( this has to be the worst set i've ever seen. going to have to seriously question if i buy the rest of them now :(

Oh dear, that doesn’t sound too good. I hope they improve the packaging for the R2 releases…

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom