1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Simpsons Season 4 @ £16.35

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Indiana Jones, May 30, 2004.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,943
    Have just checked DVDSoon and they have it for $40.98 which at todays Exchange rate is about £16.35 so defently under the Customs Limit and I doubt the exchange rate will change enough in the next few weeks to cause it to go over the £18 limit.

2. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice 1 :thumbsup: Silly question- but if I pre- order it today for that price- when DVD soon get in stock-will they change the price?

I nver used DVD soon before- what are they like? Any good? Sorry to ask silly questions.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,943
    You will be charged for the DVD right now so even if they raise the price you will still pay the price you paid when you placed the order.

Also, I have never used DVDSoon before, apparently they arent that fast at shipping but their prices cant be beat :thumbsup:

4. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'll just stick to Cd wow and PlayUSA for now

5. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...they may now and again have been a bit slow, but on the whole - especially over the last 6 months - they've been as quick as anyone. Infact, I had a record trans-atlantic delivery only last week - Canada to Uk in less than 3 working days - and when you consider that's now during the Post Office's worse performance ever, it's bloody remarkable.

6. carldrichardson

carldrichardson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive been using soon since last year & no problems, if you buy a pre release film & the price goes down cancel it & reorder problem solved. like star wars i ordered first at 65dollars then the price dropped to 52.98 so i cancelled & reordered at new price & the difference was credited to my account bought a cheap film with the difference.. :)

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,943
    I tend to use CDWow for purchases but I wouldnt try ordering The Simpsons from CDWow as they are asking £19.99 for it so you would defently get hit with Customs and Post Office fees adding about an extra £8 to the price.

Same goes for PlayUSA, they want £24.99 for The Simpsons so you could expect to pay an extra £9 in fees.

8. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    :thumbsup: for DVD Soon.
    Have used this company for quite a while now, with no problems at all.
    Average delivery time has been around 1 week, although i have had discs delivered within 3-4 days before. Like most online companies, they will ship stock as soon as they receive it, so you can often take delivery of the item well before the official release date.

9. sapgem

sapgem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My £9 ROTK pre-order from DVDsoon, released on the 25th May, arrived 8am on the 27th.

Gotta agree with the post suggesting they may have improved delivery times. That certainly seems to be my experience recently.

10. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,943
    I placed an order with DVDSoon on Wednesday for Hot Shots 1 and 2 and today it finally changed from Pending to Packing. Does it normally take 5 days to get older films ready to ship out?

11. carldrichardson

carldrichardson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVDSOON - i think they are one of the best around at the moment, if not the best. one of the cheapest & customer service is quite good aswell. if it takes a couple of days past the release date sometimes it does'nt matter. :D