1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Simpsons guaranteed for another 2 seasons!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by michaelm, Jan 18, 2003.

1. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    See here for more details.

Woohoo!

2. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet :D

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Should be good news, but, as has been said on here before, the recent episodes have been pretty dire. :(

4. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, I caught an old episode the other day. The one where Homer was in the B-Sharps. It was so much better than anything from the past year or so. I had forgotten just how good it used to be.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Any news on the future of Futurama? I really hope that it lives for as long as the simpsons.

6. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    From http://www.tvtome.com/Futurama/season5.html#ep72 :

NOTE: When Futurama was on hiatus, Matt Groening and crew made this as a last episode of Futurama just so the show would end on a good note.

This will be the last episode of Futurama.

This will most likely be followed by the first Futurama Movie either in 2005 or 2006 depending on when contract negotiations, script developments, productions crews, and a cast are in place.

It should air later this year in the 'States.

From the Unofficial FAQ:

Question: "Is Futurama really cancelled?"

Answer: "Yes. It's sad that this great show had to be cancelled by FOX. They are just airing leftover episodes from Season 4 at this point and all of the animators for Futurama are out of jobs because FOX told them to stop production. Even more sadly, most of the fans didn't see this coming. It was a slow and gradual process dating back almost to Season 2, when Futurama was constantly being pre-empted do to football games on Sundays. It caused a backup of episodes to be aired so FOX figured that they had enough episodes left to show and then they'll just milk Futurama reruns for all they're worth as well. Matt Groening has tried desperately to his show, but FOX won't allow him to save it. He tried to get it moved to another network, but FOX has the rights to the show. He tried to get it moved to a better time slot, but since FOX likes the idea of it constantly being pre-empted, they denied his request. If you look at the Sunday Night lineup, they have an empty slot at 7:30pm/6:30c in which they air Simpsons & King of the Hill reruns instead. Whenever The Simpsons or King of the Hill was pre-empted, FOX always made sure they would show it sometime later in the evening, but when it comes to Futurama, they just don't care. They treat it like yesterday's trash. Matt Groening's next idea for saving the show was possibly making a movie (a trilogy in mind) and he has been in talks with FOX about it (I wouldn't be surprised if they denied him that too). Not to mention that FOX is ignoring phone calls from fans to save the show, letters from fans to save the show, online petitions from the fans to save the show, and even more shocking, the recent Emmy win by Futurama in which Futurama took The Simpsons off of its seven year winning streak in the category "Best Animated Program for Programming Less then One Hour". That alone is telling you something there. A funny thing is that the episode Futurama won the Emmy for Roswell That Ends Well, was pre-empted when it was supposed to be aired do to an overrun football game and a half hour postgame show as well. Good news about the show is that Cartoon Network just started to syndicate the reruns. Check your local listings for details. And even though it's practically hopeless, click here to sign CGEF's "Save Futurama Petition".

7. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I love the old stuff but don't even bother watching any of the new episodes. Seems that Fox want to keep this one going but have axed Family Guy which in my view is far better than any of the later Simpsons episodes

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the decision to axe family guy was crazy

true most new episodes of the simpsons are not great but you do the odd one

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to be a cynic... waitaminute, no I don't. I love it!

I think this is bad news for the Simpsons legacy. The last few seasons have been so bad, I've refused to watch any of them. So, even if there are gems in there (or in the upcoming 2 seasons), I won't be seeing them. Shame really. I can ignore the crap episodes and enjoy the old ones, but new viewers to the series are not going to give the show the credit it deserves, so I think it'll hurt the show's popularity in the long run.

Course, there's big money involved, so it's no big surprise.

10. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Dear God, not MORE Simpsons! When can we get rid of this junk? Fox have absolutely NO clue about making good telly and I damn well hope they go broke.

11. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I admit it. I watched some of E!'s coverage of the US Golden Globes awards last night. For the first time since they debuted, the Simpsons had been nominated for best comedy. I understand that they are making up for when the Simpsons should have been nominated (seasons 2 through 7?) but wasn't, but it's a bit of a mockery considering the quality of the new episodes.

If anybody can honestly tell me that this season of the Simpsons is better than this season of Futurama... then I'd be surprised if you'd seen either of the shows.

12. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Totally agree - some of the recent Simpsons have been embarrassing. Whereas Futurama has me laughing out loud.

Fox can kiss my shiny metal ass! :mad:

13. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Fox! (turns to bare his ass) ANTIQUING!

BOOOOOM!

14. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, even eps that I've watched over and over again still make me laugh. "Anthology of Interest II" has to be one of the best eps, and all the inside video game gags had me reeling. (Drop down, increase speed, reverse direction!) But, one line cracks me up every time:

Farnsworth: "It worked! Eat it everyone who's never won a Nobel prize! And that includes you, Amy."