The Simplest Cleanest Lounge-Friendly SetUp?

skk3

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been in my current house for two years now and the layout of the lounge has facilitated a very simple setup utilising a Yamaha YSP-600 Soundbar which works surprisingly well. The real find was the AV Stand which looks gorgeous, even just as a piece of furniture. All in all, very clean and very simple...

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 714
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:
That is a well-made and nice-looking stand. Goes well with the nest of tables.

Hi,

You know that the question is going to be asked, So I might as well, Where did you get the Stand,can you say how much?

Very nice,tidy set up.

K.

Hi,

You know that the question is going to be asked, So I might as well, Where did you get the Stand,can you say how much?

Very nice,tidy set up.

K.

Thank you for your comments.

The stand came from Chris Sharp Cabinets of Lincoln and cost just under £400.00. The unit comes ready assembled and is delivered in a zip up wallet!

And yes, the nest of tables came from the same place too. I am planning to get a sideboard and dining table very soon.

I have been to the factory shop as well and was in vited onto the factory floor for a look round.

That is a well-made and nice-looking stand. Goes well with the nest of tables.

Thanks for your comments both items are from Chris Sharp cabinets - see link above...

Looks nice.

But if you are asking a question the simplest and cleanest are usually wall mounted TVs with the av equipment locked away in a discrete cabinet and out of sight.

Looks nice.

But if you are asking a question the simplest and cleanest are usually wall mounted TVs with the av equipment locked away in a discrete cabinet and out of sight.

Good point - thanks for your comments...:)

A very nice looking room, everything matches and looks brand new:)

How do you rate the YSP600, Im thinking of buying one soon and would appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Neat set-up. Do your components actually work? Where are the messy cables:devil:
Am I the only one to have messy cables? :D:D

A very nice looking room, everything matches and looks brand new:)

How do you rate the YSP600, Im thinking of buying one soon and would appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

The YSP600 is great in very respect except rear speaker effects, it is a bit weak here. The sound is meaty, detailed and smooth (typical Yamaha). You can get them from Digital Direct - Cheap TVs, TV, Televisions, LCD TV, Plasma TV, HD Ready TV, Blu Ray Players, Home Cinema Systems for £299.00.

Yes, everything is brand new, including £2500.00 worth of G-Plan sofa. Hence the modest av setup!

Neat set-up. Do your components actually work? Where are the messy cables:devil:
Am I the only one to have messy cables? :D:D

Yes actually ! :smashin:

They are plugged into a Lindy mains conditioner that I paid £29.99 for (see WhatHiFi review). Also, there are cable ties running down the back of the av stand, which is a star buy in my opinion...

Also, the angle of the picture helps - thank you for you comments. :)

Very nice AV stand.

I bought myself a Chris Sharp cabinet a few months ago and I've been very happy with it. Build quality is fantastic, as for that leaf detail... A nice touch I think. Is yours from the Citrus Oak range? Mine is the low cabinet.

I have to say it was a bit sacreligious but the first thing I did was to cut two bloody big holes in the back to allow ventalation and cables to pass through lol.

I never went to visit the show room as I live too far south, the lovely lady I spoke to there was able to send me some photos of the cabinet in the show room so I took the plunge :)

Very nice set up!

Very nice AV stand.

I bought myself a Chris Sharp cabinet a few months ago and I've been very happy with it. Build quality is fantastic, as for that leaf detail... A nice touch I think. Is yours from the Citrus Oak range? Mine is the low cabinet.

I have to say it was a bit sacreligious but the first thing I did was to cut two bloody big holes in the back to allow ventalation and cables to pass through lol.

I never went to visit the show room as I live too far south, the lovely lady I spoke to there was able to send me some photos of the cabinet in the show room so I took the plunge :)

Very nice set up!

I was advised to get the citrus oak finish, probably by the lady you spoke to - her name is Christine I think and she is one of the Directors of CSC.

i like the neatness of this setup - have you a sub wired into your soundbar, or can there be one added to it?

i like the neatness of this setup - have you a sub wired into your soundbar, or can there be one added to it?

No sub yet, but one can be added, such as a B&W 608 in light oak to match my furniture and av stand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom