1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shield Season Three R2 DVD

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by NoEntry2k, Jul 21, 2005.

1. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, I rang Columbia Tri-Star Home Entertainment to ask about The Shield Season Three on R2 DVD.

They told me that they currently have no plans to release it before June 2006!!! And they couldn’t give me a reason why!

Anyone else a bit annoyed about this, its been out in the US for months and usually gets released in the UK around this time of year – what’s happened this time!?!

The number is 020 7533 1200 if anyone wants to back me up and ask what’s going on!

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    what the fudge!!! oh thats a downer, i thought it was august/september. i'd get the R1 but its 4:3!!! thats a real downer.

i'll call them later.

Gary

3. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thats just great. Its unfortunate, in a way the Five have this show as I don't know anyone who has actually seen it. This could explain their reluctance to get the dvd for the UK market.
    I picked up the 1st and 2nd series for about £16 pretty near to when they first came out.
    Its a shame that its not on C4 or BBC on a regular slot of 9 or 10. It would pull in the viewers as its one of the best tv shows currently running at the moment.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

The BBC wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole, because of it's controversial content, and the Beeb don't tend to show US material much anyway. As for C4, well their track record with US shows has been far from great, so I'm kinda glad that Five did get it. You can't blame Five for the delays in the release of the Season 3 DVD set.

Also, it's on FX270 on Sky as well, though I'm not certain if they're airing Season 2 or 3 at the moment.

Pooch

5. NoEntry2k

NoEntry2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    FX just finished season three last night.

Everyone ring the number i gave to demand a DVD release sooner - they did tell me that it is possible for a release get get bumped up the list.

6. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Fair point, controversial content, thats what makes it so good. But didn't five mess around the scheduling of this on saturday nights, not sure.

The point I was making was that if the programme had a stronger following, then the people at Columbia would probably be keener to get this on the market.

Unfortunately Fives transmission coverage is not that great so it doesn't go out everywhere (we don't get it in our area - but I got cable, so I do). therefore ratings tend to be lower.

Another gripe with Five (or any other commercial station) is there would be around 20 minutes of adverts with every show.

Mustn't complain though as these guys introduced me to this top show anyway. :clap:

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Lee,

I appreciate what you're saying, but I think Five have done well! They've given the UK some of the best US dramas that Channel 4 probably would have bought, if they hadn't decided that we'd all be better off with months and months of reality :censored:, that is "Butt Munch 6", et al!

And you're right about Five not being easily received in some parts of the UK, but I think many people don't watch it via analogue terrestrial anyway, but via Freeview, Sky or Cable instead.

I'm still surprised though, that Columbia haven't released Season 3 though. Columbia are usually pretty good with releasing DVD's promptly.

Pooch

8. hardiz

hardiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Agreed Five have done a half-decent job far better than channel 4 would ever have done. They move there shows around like no bodies business!!
    It does surprise me about the series 3 DVD, which deserves a repeat viewing to those that have not seen it again.

9. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pooch I agree with what you're saying.

However, if channel 4 did bring out "Butt Munch 6", then I'm sorry but C4 is King :smashin: .

Back to earth though, C4 and other have lost their way with all the reality TV stuff. I agree with what you're saying.

Now back to topic The Shield :clap: .