1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shield Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by nickthegreek, Jul 10, 2004.

1. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't believe missed the first episode of the new series,are they repeating episodes like they used too i think saturday or sunday nites looked in tv listings for the week can't see anything. :suicide:

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    It might be worth looking on channel 5's website for more info. :)

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i missed it too

hard to believe when you consider how much 5 promoted it, the muppets

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I was lucky...the only reason I caught it was because I'd actually bothered to look through thr tv guide, (something I almost never do). As I never watch channel 5, I wouldn't of seen any of the series 3 promo's.

5. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    damn i missed it too!!!!!
    the lead in the shield michael chiklis has been signed up to play the thing in the new big budget fantastic four movie :thumbsup:

6. BlueOrange25

BlueOrange25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    A Fantastic Four movie? That would be interesting, though I think Chiklis would still need to bulk up just a tad. Anyway, glad to see The Shield back on TV. Quality programming and certainly an improvement on The Bill.

7. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Emailed channel 5 waiting for a reply.

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Folks,

No offence, but you really shouldn't have been able to miss the opening episode of Season 3. Five trailed the show quite extensively in-and-around shows like "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", "CSI: Miami", "Law And Order", etc, etc. So you shouldn't have missed those ads. Plus, there were ads in the papers and TV listings magazines for the week the show started!

As for repeats, Five are not repeating the current season. They much prefer it if they do one complete run of the show, and then repeat it later on, in a different timeslot, giving viewers the chance to watch it again, or for those who missed it first time around.

As the show only lasts for 13 episodes, of which episode 3 aired last night - 13th July - they will probably repeat it, straight after the current run ends, just as Five are doing with "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (Season 4) and "CSI: Miami" (Season 2), both of which ended just last week.

Pooch

9. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I don't want C5 either, but thanks to posts on here I was anticipating the new series & have not been disapointed. It doesn't feel as hard hitting though. After so many 'shocks' in series one I'm acustomed to Vics antics, & Davids political chicanery. Still my favorite current program though. I've not sussed whats going to happen with the 'money train' money yet. Shane & his new fiance still offer lots of potential to f*** it up. The problem is I can't see a way out for Vic unless lots of people die. Either way I can forsee the resolution only being played out only at the end of 'The Shield' (either way, Vic or other lead characters will be gone)

10. teamleader

teamleader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just watched last nights episode and while i know the show works round Vic & the team i find 'Dutch' probably the better character and works superbly on the sidelines.Last nights was a classic when he was'nt able to find enough people for a line up (if you watched it you'll know what i mean!!).Otherwise it's a good blend between all the characters.

11. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I agree, Dutch is very good, but it wouldn't be 'The Shield' with Vic & most of the strike team gone. However, I didn't want to see Danny or David go for this series. If it was just the Vic Makay series it wouldn't be as good. All the characters contribute, - to a greater or lesser degree. Who's the least interesting? Maybe Danny or Julien of the main characters. I wouldn't want anyone to leave. If it aint broke..................

12. teamleader

teamleader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As we all know ratings are everything, and the way to boost them is sometimes to kill off characters,agree about the comments regarding Vic etc however it seems that Ron seems to be a low level character at the minute and would / could be a candidate.Good so far this series and the intoduction of the Decoy team looks like livening things up in more ways than one.

13. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I couldn't resist. I've just looked at the FX Shield site that has a breakdown of episodes. I can't wait.

14. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Chalk me up as another one who missed the first episode. I dont watch Channel 5 either so just stumbled onto it whilst flicking through the channels depressed that the run on FX had finnished.

I agree about Dutch, I was explaining to the missus last night about the 'Line Up'. One of the best moments that springs to mind was when he got the better of the serial killer and then his reaction afterwards, EXCELLENT.

Hopefully there plenty more left in the tank without taking an axe to the cast. :smashin:

15. nickthegreek

nickthegreek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think i will wait for the repeats now got episodes 2 & 3 on tape to watch,but don't think i'll bother now you need to watch the first one, another great series starting soon on E4 but thats another post. :)