1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shield - New Series Starting Soon!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 18, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Superb news! "The Shield" Season 2 will start to air on Five, in the UK, on Tuesday 1st July at 21:55 hours. This will be the first of a thirteen episode series!

It will be replacing "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (Season 3), which will have finished the previous Tuesday.

Should be great! Can't wait to see how Mackey deals with the cliffhanger from end of Season 1! :cool:

Pooch

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Great ! :smashin:

3. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Missed the first series. Was it good then?

Suppose its too late to catch a re run but will it be spoilt by watching the second series first?

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Alle V,

You should really try and get to watch Season 1, if you can, as it sets up the whole of the characters - their good points, as well as their flaws - and ends on a fairly substantial cliff-hanger as well!

If you jump in on Season 2, then it probably won't make much sense, and you won't enjoy it as much! If it's of any help, CNX on Sky Digital channel 244 (I think), air "The Shield" (Season 1) during the week, at 9pm, although I can't remember which nights. (If memory serves, it's Tuesdays and Saturdays).

Pooch

5. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Thanks :)

Just sorting that out now.

6. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see the return of The Shield but sorry to see CSI end.Only really started to get into it midway through series 2 and been catching up with 1 via the back to backs that started a couple of weeks ago.Any chance they'll show the last episode of The Shield before the new series to refresh our memories?

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Silent,

Sadly, no Season 1 finale repeat, I'm afraid. This is because of "CSI" Season 3 not concluding for another three weeks, and then the following week, "The Shield" Season 2 will start. As such, Five simply couldn't fit it in the schedules.

You'll have to just stick with the repeats on CNX (Sky 244) for the time being, I'm afraid, or wait for the UK DVD release very soon.

Pooch

8. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info PoochJD,unfortunately I only have FreeView so the SKY repeats are off the menu!Still,I do remember Mackey(spelling?)has some serious problems!I have to say he's one of the most interesting characters on t.v these days and the guy that plays him does a fine job.One minute he's complete scum,the next he's a strange kind of hero!

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

Minor update for you:

"The Shield" Season 2, will now start on Tuesday July 1st, but at 22:50 hours. "CSI: Crime Scene Investigations" (Season 3, followed by a Season 1 repeat) will continue in their current Tuesday night timeslots (even though Season 3 ends in three weeks time!)

Pooch