The Shed

Steeevee1

Standard Member
Awesome, its strange for me as an australian to see a roof like that, we just use rolled/corrugated galvanised iron/steel or ceramic tiles for roofing. Ive only ever seen one roof here with the same style of shingles. Ex pat living here. Looked super out of place, needed way too much tlc as well here. Usually use the same corrugated iron for walls as well in most sheds. Beautiful work!

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Awesome, its strange for me as an australian to see a roof like that, we just use rolled/corrugated galvanised iron/steel or ceramic tiles for roofing. Ive only ever seen one roof here with the same style of shingles. Ex pat living here. Looked super out of place, needed way too much tlc as well here. Usually use the same corrugated iron for walls as well in most sheds. Beautiful work!

TBH, you don't see shingles all that often in the UK - most sheds have a simple 'felt' covering which would need patching/replacing every few years. They reckon we'll get 15 to 20 years out of the shingles, and I can well believe it, they're several times the thickness of roofing felt, and overlap, effectively doubling up again.

I imagine in Oz the heat would effect them. They're backed with bitumen, so each layer 'glues' itself to the layer below (they do have 3 nails in along the top edge each too). In moderate climates, this means the roof becomes as one - I'd imagine with excess heat, the bitumen might give and wind could get under a run of shingles and lift them - but really not an issue in the UK.

Our shingles are just the basic 'freebies' that came with the kit, but you can get some really cool designs, which, if I were going to purchase myself, I might be inclined to go for something a bit more special - something with a bit more character!

diannebye

Banned
We put green shingle tiles on the Roof of our Wood Gazebo that housed the Hot Tub in our previous home......only photo I could find but gives you some idea of what it looked like....It was a patio area with wood rails around and Husband built it up from that as we needed plenty of ventilation for the HT....came on to post some 'shed' photos and got sidetracked......

Attachments

• thumbnail_cadf2860628b955e808074bedb1682d574dde404.jpg
    thumbnail_cadf2860628b955e808074bedb1682d574dde404.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 28

diannebye

Banned
Chalet was purchased here in France in kit form..\it was under 2000 euros....5 Years on it needs a paint, next spring it will get done......Husband needed this for his hobby of model planes...that never took off.;)as there has been lots of other things that took up his time.....So gradually became what it is today...except he has cleared out loads of Junk now....:clap:

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 22

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom