The Shawshank Redemption (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 13/09/2021

TSR.jpg

Attachments

• TSR (inside).jpg
    TSR (inside).jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 62
  • TSR (back).jpg
    TSR (back).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 64
  • TSR (open).jpg
    TSR (open).jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Great film, not a fan of the steel so will stick with my Bluray and put the 4K disc in it

Poor artwork which is a shame. I’ll be putting my disc in the US Digibook

I'll stick with my ITV steelbook from 2018 and maybe just get the regular 4k release. Again, another Zavvi exclusive 4k steelbook with less than stellar artwork.
Screenshot_20210722_111552.jpg

Last edited:
It's showing as £35, does that make it the most expensive Steelbook (without extra tat) to date?

If that is the price then I can't see them shifting many. I have often questioned the wisdom of buying steelbooks when I am really only interested in the film itself especially when often the artwork is poor and the steelbook ends up in a sale or with a discount days after release. I have already noticed an upward trend in prices by a few pounds.

At this price I will stick to the regular case and if it becomes the standard steelbook price moving forwards I can see me not bothering with steelbooks at all in the future. I suspect many people will feel the same as me. Charging extra for slips was cheeky but this much for a single steelbook is taking the proverbial.

Hideous artwork (just like stateside). Vanilla US edition it is then.

If that is the price then I can't see them shifting many. I have often questioned the wisdom of buying steelbooks when I am really only interested in the film itself especially when often the artwork is poor and the steelbook ends up in a sale or with a discount days after release. I have already noticed an upward trend in prices by a few pounds.

At this price I will stick to the regular case and if it becomes the standard steelbook price moving forwards I can see me not bothering with steelbooks at all in the future. I suspect many people will feel the same as me. Charging extra for slips was cheeky but this much for a single steelbook is taking the proverbial.
I agree, I would have bought the steelbook if it was £25-28 despite the artwork, but Zavvi keep nudging the prices higher and higher with every release so I wont bother pre-ordering, even though its one of my favourite films.

I will wait for a price drop if there are any steelbooks left or buy the standard Amaray. £35 is too much for one film. I'm happy to support the studios and physical media, but not at those prices, I will just wait for sales.

I have the German and French releases, both are pretty nice (especially the German numbered exclusive. German release has the original title and glossy treatment also still available at 17,99 EUR from Marketplace...

Amazon product ASIN B07R8BPB6V

Last edited:
Great movie. Truly terrible artwork. Will stick with the standard release.

For those interested, listing price dropped to £25.99.
Pre-order details still TBA.

Last edited:
Must be a first for Zavvi to drop the price a month before release....
I wonder why... :D

Edit: Didn't realise it didn't even go live yet... price drop is logical imo as Europe price is similar or lower.

Made the post a bit clearer but yeah not gone live yet so typical listing price drop from the RRP.

I just got a shipping notification from Zavvi. I can't wait to see what this is like in 4K.

I just got a shipping notification from Zavvi. I can't wait to see what this is like in 4K.

Got mine on Saturday and watched it on Sunday. The transfer is terrific. The steelbook itself is also okay but, as with many UK steelbooks these days, really could have done with a nice glossy finish instead of a matte one which just murders the colours.

Got mine on Saturday and watched it on Sunday. The transfer is terrific. The steelbook itself is also okay but, as with many UK steelbooks these days, really could have done with a nice glossy finish instead of a matte one which just murders the colours.

I'm really looking forward to watching it, its nice to hear its an excellent transfer! I was quite pleasantly surprised with the steelbook, it was nicer than I expected although I do agree it would have been much better to have a gloss finish, or spot glossing or embossing.

To be honest, I thought the artwork was blue with a monochrome photo of Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins overlaid over the background but I realised it is actually in colour after checking the image in the opening post! Just goes to show how much a matte finish can make steeelbooks look (literally) dull.

Yes its definitely not the best artwork, but not the worst I've seen, and the quality of the film makes up for it. I try to collect as many of my 4K films as steelbooks, so it fits in with the rest of my collection.

Got my copy today. I have to say that the artwork is surprisingly good (I wasn't thrilled when the pictures were posted). The picture is high-res and the colours are nice. All in all I'm quite pleased, although glossing would of course have brought it to a whole other level.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom