The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 4K UHD

Does anyone have any clue why the SteelBook mentioned Dolby Vision & HDR10+, but the Warner confirmation said there's only HDR10??????

Instabuy :)

So the audio is DTS 5.1. Shame no atmos or DTS X upgrade. I think I’ll stick with my iTunes version I bought for £1.99. Pretty sure it will get a 4K upgrade.

Roger Deakins approves :thumbsup:
I did spend a day checking through this new version. From my point of view it is the best digital version and the studio went to great lengths to use the original elements, so such as dissolves are no longer optical but digital.

Dispatched and on the way 👍. This could be the most excited ive been about a disc in this format for quite a while

Mine dispatched same time as Columbia Classics 2 but CC2 has arrived but no Shawshank as of yet

Mine just came from Amazon. Tonight sorted

I'd not rush out and buy this. It will be one of the titles you see in the 2 for £30 or 3 for £30 deals in the not so distant future. It isn't a film I feel a need to watch that often anyway. It isn't as though I don't know what happens at the end.

Was hoping the iTunes version gets a remaster to 4K. That’s not the case as of yet which is surprising

I'd not rush out and buy this. It will be one of the titles you see in the 2 for £30 or 3 for £30 deals in the not so distant future. It isn't a film I feel a need to watch that often anyway. It isn't as though I don't know what happens at the end.

Not guaranteed though. for many it’s a no brainer. Voted no 1 on IMDB for a reason. The picture quality is a big jump from the old blu ray and although 5.1 sound it’s a superb audio track.

Brilliant film but I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

Patience is for the virtuous.

Get busy buying or get busy saving….

Any news on whether the BluRay is a new remaster?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom