The Seventh Seal 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

steve sph

Suspended
One of the greatest films ever made, and a wonderful review that does it justice - thanks for that Simon.
Another one added to the Christmas wish list - sadly more in hope than expectation.

IGC

The Seventh Seal and No Time To Die by the end of the year on UHD -most regions of my brain are satisfied :D

Jungle Cruise has no perceptible effect on the brain.

Thanks for the great review.

Sjunde_inseglet_1957.jpg
Nice flats

Last edited:

IGC

I've put that image behind a spoiler button.

If you think that is bad do not watch the brilliant documentary Trespassing Bergman my eyes nearly popped out my head when I seen some of the on set footage.

Fightclub

I've put that image behind a spoiler button.

If you think that is bad do not watch the brilliant documentary Trespassing Bergman my eyes nearly popped out my head when I seen some of the on set footage.
Cool will check it out.

Comments on the review/disc:
I watched this the other night and definitely agree with the review specifically the picture quality! Looked awesome to me specially the beach scenes and strawberries/milk scene, pretty sure the best it will ever look.
I can’t say I noticed the white flecks but I did view the film before reading the review.

I’m certainly excited for future BFI 4k releases.

Pogg

Attachments

• 54EBE8ED-478C-4D3C-95AE-CD7F7D44916E.jpeg
    54EBE8ED-478C-4D3C-95AE-CD7F7D44916E.jpeg
    713.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Cool will check it out.

Comments on the review/disc:
I watched this the other night and definitely agree with the review specifically the picture quality! Looked awesome to me specially the beach scenes and strawberries/milk scene, pretty sure the best it will ever look.
I can’t say I noticed the white flecks but I did view the film before reading the review.

I’m certainly excited for future BFI 4k releases.

The next one coming from them in February may be of interest: The Proposition (2005) 4K UHD

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Ordered!

I was always going to buy it anyway as it's a bona fide masterpiece but your review has pushed me over the edge @Simon Crust!

🙏

yoryuken

Novice Member
Thank you for the wonderful review. I have just finished watching this, and it's true, the detail is incredible. Hadn't thought greyscale could look this good but the HDR gives it some serious pop.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom