The Sedona is dead, long live the vRS

IronGiant

Reaction score
As some of you aware, I don't give up easily :laugh: but I have finally come to my senses and had the Sedona put down. Welcome to our new member of the household:

510888936dd84819b2f20f3c4713294c.jpg

Derv or petrol?
Derv. SKODA Octavia 2.0 TDI CR vRS DSG 5dr Estate. One owner from new, full service history,
It has an eye watering 158K on the clock but looks brand new.
£3990 private sale.

Downside: It was a hundred miles away, so we had to hire a car to view it. Left at 4:00pm, got home at 9:30pm
Upside: I got to drive it home

Derv. SKODA Octavia 2.0 TDI CR vRS DSG 5dr Estate. One owner from new, full service history,
It has an eye watering 158K on the clock but looks brand new.
£3990 private sale.

Downside: It was a hundred miles away, so we had to hire a car to view it. Left at 4:00pm, got home at 9:30pm
Upside: I got to drive it home

Don't worry about the mileage...I used to look after two airport taxis, one auto, one manual and apart from EGR valves and a flywheel failure on the auto at 200,000 miles they worked very well. Both were serviced every 4 months due to the mileage.
Each one had done 400,000 miles by the time they got rid.

Last edited:
I had that almost exact same car for over 8 years and it was a great car and was very reliable with only one failure on the turbo actuator in the entire time I had it which was not an expensive fix either. Never had a problem with the DPF either although you may want to make sure you take it on a longer drive every now and then to clear the filter. My usual driving pattern was a 10 mile drive to work each way along a mix of motorway, A and B roads with a 30+mile drive somewhere at least once each month and that seemed to keep the DPF happy. So no need to do big mileage about you may cause yourself issues if you only did short 4 or 5 mile journeys all the time since the engine will barely get warm in that time. There is a good forum called Briskoda that is UK based and has a lot of advice etc. if you need it.

That's very useful re: the DPF, thanks :thumbsup:

Now that little pedal on the right hand side is the loud one. Don't press it as hard as you did in the Kia as it will make forward motion a lot quicker. You'll also be able to leave the house half an hour later because the 0-60 time is so much better.:hiya:

Good car, lovely colour. Enjoy and welcome to the DSG club.:smashin:

It's scary enough in standard mode :) Haven't tried Sport or DSG yet

Put the Sedona on Gumtree at 5:35pm, already sold and taken away... :clap:

As a Kia :)

Nice car @IronGiant - welcome to the antibadgesnobbery world of Skoda :thumbsup::laugh:

What are using to tow now- or are your towing days over (heavy stuff that is)?

The DSG would refer to the dual clutch gearbox and no clutch pedal I suspect. Sport mode holds revs higher longer (does that VRS have adaptive suspension as well for that mode?) but should be noticeable compared to normal.

The manual flicks of the lever or paddles on my DSGs I personally find a waste of time in terms of thinking it turns me into Lewis Hamilton. In my last Superb with normal cruise control (lever no paddles) I used manual to hold the car speed on steeper downhills where the cruise control didn’t notice the speed increases. Sometimes uphill as well (with or without a helping foot on the loud pedal) if the downshift wasn’t happening and I was being overtaken by Kia Sedonas :devil:

On the newer one it has paddles only for manual changes and the adaptive cruise control applies brakes so no manual fiddling required down hills. After using a paddle it changes gears automatically anyway to protect the engine and gets bored if I’m not going up and down the box every minute - it changes back to normal if it decides I am not actually interested in manual control.

Sport mode holds revs etc but this new one has adaptive chassis control so it lowers and stiffens things (allegedly at least) and it stiffens steering and changes a few driver assist settings to reduce interference when in that mode.

Honestly I find normal goes plenty fast enough and I suspect the VRS in normal is pretty good too :thumbsup:

does that VRS have adaptive suspension as well for that mode?
I don't think so, but it does hold the revs as you say and blocks off 6th gear. If the DPF light comes on you are recommended to stick it in Sports to blast the soot out :)
What are using to tow now- or are your towing days over (heavy stuff that is)?
It does have a towbar, but I need to check it's towing capacity before using it.

Great choice. I've had mine for 3 years now in the same colour but it's a Petrol/Manual. Still love it, swallows the family and luggage in a swift, comfortable package. I was looking to replace it recently but it's not hit 70K yet and couldn't think of a suitable replacement, may just remap it instead.

I decided to MOT it early just to check it wasn't a complete lemon. Offside headlight needed adjusting and then it passed with no advisories :clap::clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom