The Scorpion King DTS

kevb

Established Member
Reaction score
For you fans of DTS.

The UK rental copy of The Scorpion King has a DTS soundtrack. Maybe in this case so will the retail version.

yep the rental version in R2 and R4 may have a dts soundtrack but it has bad lip-sync problems and DD isn't much better.

I have checked 6 different R4 rentals of the Scorpion King on Pioneer, Toshiba, Sony, Phillips, and Samsung players and the lip-sync problem is there on all the players.

The DD track on the Reg 1 release is an excellent soundtrack... crisp vocals and good use of steering effects.

Well in my opinion it's totally irrelevant what soundtrack it has as it's a pretty poor movie altogether. One I wish I hadn't wasted my time watching.

you're kidding aren't you! it's a great action fantasy, far superior to the mummy films IMO, great set pieces, excellent non-stop pacing, tongue-firmly-in-cheek throughout oh and Kelly Hu!!!

Kev,

You've just down in my estimation if you've wasted a few hours of your life watching that rubbish. If I catch you watching rubbish again i'll remove you from my buddy list.

Incidentally, when can I have my copy of The One back.

Anything with the rock in it has to be good, right?:D
Seriously, I'm gonna take James word on this one and watch it cause I enjoy tounge in cheeck films like the mummy and Charlie's Angles... plus James is rarely wrong on GTM:D

Watched the UK rental version last night on my Sony 700 in dts and had no lip sync problems. Just about right at an hour and 21 minutes - any longer and I think I would have got bored.

Originally posted by Ian J
Kev,

You've just down in my estimation if you've wasted a few hours of your life watching that rubbish. If I catch you watching rubbish again i'll remove you from my buddy list.

Incidentally, when can I have my copy of The One back.
Soon. Soon.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom