The runup to Beltane - Red Puppeteers Photoshoot. Not safe for work!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Brammers, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Brammers

Brammers
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Beltane is tomorrow! In preparation, one of the performing groups decided they'd like to have a photoshoot, all made up. Someone told them this would take about 30 mins - not quite sure who but they need shooting - so they trekked up the Crags all unprepared for the cold and wind... Made everything a bit rushed, but we still got some good shots.

Normal setup - the group photo's a 70-210 f4, the individual shots are mostly Sigma 20 f1.8 with a few Minolta f35 2 thrown in. 4 flashes used wirelessly, 1 for general front coverage, 2 handheld to illuminate the model, 1 to light the background. Unfortunately we forgot the reflectors on this shoot - so the light's a bit harsh on some of these, but for a seriously rushed shoot with mostly naked people I'm pretty pleased :)

[​IMG]

Group shot. Taken at the end, so minimal time to set-up - everyone was frozen!

[​IMG]

They continue like this :)

[​IMG]

Pretty awesome costume making

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been molested by this thing, it should clear space on the night!

[​IMG]

Anyway, that's enough of that!

Tickets still available for Beltane. If this kind of thing takes your fancy, if you want to see me (!), or if you just fancy watching a load of nutters having a laugh on Carton Hill in Edinburgh, turn up at the gate tomorrow, kicks off at 9, be there 7/8ish. I think it's £7 entry - goes on til 1:30am.

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Some really good pictures there #2 and #5 for me though, both look absolutely pin sharp and the colours are wonderful.

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +637
    Nice shots. i really like the colour and detail

I dont know much about Beltane but i do remember a Scottish band years ago called Beltane Fire. Thought there were quite good. That was the first time i had heard about Beltane.