The Running Thread Part II

davidegee

I did 7 miles at 8am, later than I normally go. Immediately jumped into a cold shower to cool off!

IMG_20210717_184858.jpg

jouster

It was certainly a hot one

no running for me today, instead I spent 9 solid hours cleaning my decking.

Which was nice

sim12

I'll go first today by the looks, I've just got back, I has full intentions of doing 13.1 miles at mile 8 my body just completely from nowhere shut down from there I diverted to do a 10 mile instead, that last mile was pretty bad I was just overheating at the very end starting to feel a sick too, not good but it's done now.

tredman

Distinguished Member
Also diverted, only managed 9 miles in the end. In hindsight deciding to run over the hills was a fudgeing stupid idea.

Beautiful view though
0F5E4D18-4AC7-47E3-BE7B-0139AEA9FC09.jpeg

t1mmy

sim12 - good call to shorten it!

I did my 11K yesterday evening, it was muggy more than anything else but much nicer than if I’d done it earlier in the day. It’s even hotter today, thankfully It’s a scheduled rest day for me.

sim12

sim12 - good call to shorten it!

I did my 11K yesterday evening, it was muggy more than anything else but much nicer than if I’d done it earlier in the day. It’s even hotter today, thankfully It’s a scheduled rest day for me.
Indeed there is always another day, I knew about at about the 4 mile mark that I should of been out at about 4.30 to complete the half, at 5 am it was really calm and cool outside, then that damn sun came out to play, I left at 5.35 am the first half mile in the shade was nice then a sharp left me with no shade very little wind and the sun fully out there just a blast of heat, really that was the beginning of the end😔

jouster

24 here for this mornings attempt...which was slow due to an active weekend and a late 20-mile bike ride last night

Watcher No1

Went out early (6:45) to avoid the heat. Still very sweaty and steady (5:45 kms)

Hopefully the weekend brings a few degrees lower

davidegee

Out later than I wanted again today so hot. Not good prep either. Meant to be doing 9mins all out, recover then 3mins all out. Cut it short after the recovery due to a bit of a twinge but did manage a CR!

IMG_20210721_100938.jpg

jouster

Went out slightly later than the rest of the week so far (school hols so kids somehow managed a slight lay in)

god did it make a difference in the temp. And when I got back it was like I was already in the shower, let alone looking like I’d just got out.

did chat to a mate yesterday about ParkRun and this seemed to spurn me on a little as I managed to run 2+ minutes faster than my last handful of runs, and that was without breakfast.

I had said I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get to one but that was before my first jab (now double jabbed) so certainly less concerned for myself right now. Mate also mentioned they have pace markers at some so having someone to chase would certainly be something that would draw me in

will see what the weather is doing early doors Saturday.

Downinja

Went out slightly later than the rest of the week so far (school hols so kids somehow managed a slight lay in)

god did it make a difference in the temp. And when I got back it was like I was already in the shower, let alone looking like I’d just got out.

did chat to a mate yesterday about ParkRun and this seemed to spurn me on a little as I managed to run 2+ minutes faster than my last handful of runs, and that was without breakfast.

I had said I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get to one but that was before my first jab (now double jabbed) so certainly less concerned for myself right now. Mate also mentioned they have pace markers at some so having someone to chase would certainly be something that would draw me in

will see what the weather is doing early doors Saturday.
Weird you should mention ParkRun, I am going to rock up on Saturday morning for a run, never done it before so should be interesting.

Missing my Wednesday lunch run today as I am off out for a meal, might try to get out tonight when it has cooled down a touch.

jouster

Weird you should mention ParkRun, I am going to rock up on Saturday morning for a run, never done it before so should be interesting.

Missing my Wednesday lunch run today as I am off out for a meal, might try to get out tonight when it has cooled down a touch.
don't forget your barcode printout

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Away in far north Wales, went for a run this morning around the headland, two miles and I was bloody cooked

Downinja

don't forget your barcode printout

Yeah I read that. Seems a little crazy! I can have a covid passport on my phone, it can’t use a barcode on my phone for park run. Seems a little strange.

Tonight’s run was toasty! 8pm and it hasn’t cooled down.

26:02 for 5k but it wasn’t easy.

Currently running in some Asics patriot that are getting past their best. Any recommendations for something new? 50:50 road and trail. And is it worth getting a gait analysis done?

jouster

Yeah I read that. Seems a little crazy! I can have a covid passport on my phone, it can’t use a barcode on my phone for park run. Seems a little strange.

Tonight’s run was toasty! 8pm and it hasn’t cooled down.

26:02 for 5k but it wasn’t easy.

Currently running in some Asics patriot that are getting past their best. Any recommendations for something new? 50:50 road and trail. And is it worth getting a gait analysis done?
if I start doing PR regularly I might get one of their wrist bands with the bar code built-in....can only assume the no phone barcode it to aid the sales on the wrist bands and similar that carry the barcode fo you as the paper ones arent going to last at all

Downinja

if I start doing PR regularly I might get one of their wrist bands with the bar code built-in....can only assume the no phone barcode it to aid the sales on the wrist bands and similar that carry the barcode fo you as the paper ones arent going to last at all
I have a clear phone case, so I have just printed it and slid it in the back of my phone case.

£16 for a wristband :O

jouster

I have a clear phone case, so I have just printed it and slid it in the back of my phone case.

£16 for a wristband :O
does ti scan ok through the case? I had actually done exactly the same...but also have access to a laminator so might just get one done properly s paper will get trashed eventually

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps
  • By Andy Bassett