The Running Man (1987) 4K UHD

inzaman

Had this come through on Xmas eve, wow this film has never looked better. Can we get all the love Island contestants and other reality TV stars and put them in the running man. I'd watch that, lol
It’d certainly be better than re-runs of Gilligan’s Island :D

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
I really don't get why people get hung up about absence of atmos tracks from films made long before atmos was a thing. I'm easily pleased, but for me if a film looks lovely then I'm not overly saddened by lack of immersive soundtracks. A child of the VHS era, clearly!
Because movies like Top Gun are awesome in Dolby Atmos and worth the upgrade just on soundtrack alone, which is why I bought it again.
How about Jaws? Sounds great to me.
I only bought Total Recall because it had an Atmos track. If it didn't I would've stuck with my HD DVD.
I invested a lot of money in my sound system and I want to use it when I can.

Stepalex

Johnson these days as the star, and he's certainly built for the part. In both look and fitness. Plus he's got that wisecrack ability too.
He is defo built for the part, and is a star based on the box-office - but yet to turn a single really memorable movie, yet alone those that could be considered classics 30-40 years from now, and no, charisma-wise and ‘wisecrack’-wise he’s a no match for Arnie. The only good movies with him so far are Fast 5 and Pain & Gain, where he is arguably not the star.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
He is defo built for the part, and is a star based on the box-office - but yet to turn a single really memorable movie, yet alone those that could be considered classics 30-40 years from now, and no, charisma-wise and ‘wisecrack’-wise he’s a no match for Arnie. The only good movies with him so far are Fast 5 and Pain & Gain, where he is arguably not the star.
I dont own one Johnson film. And that's very unlikely to change.

richp007

Distinguished Member

No-one is a match for Arnie, what he did was unique and he was such an individual too in terms of his acting.

However Johnson is also very good at the wise-crack and one-liners. He spent many years doing great mic work in the WWE, and he brings it to his films. I agree that he hasn't done that many good films, but he's still got plenty of time. Is also well established now with high stock, fingers in both the Disney and DC pies. With his presence he's one of the few who could pull of an Arnie style film such as this. Perhaps alongside Chris Hemsworth as well.

Noahdavid1984

Wonderful presented box. Will be there watching tonight!

ABB40CFF-F272-4285-8A3A-5D0B4DA6A7E3.jpeg

Noahdavid1984

Finally watching now. It’s a very good presentation. Grain still in tact and looks very nice in 4k. HDR is subtle but certain bits really pop like on the actual running man show set when the dancers open the show.
I believe it’s the same 7.1 audio mix from the blu ray but that was no slouch.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I’m going to have to get this. I do remember loving the score and also the host (Damien?)

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Close, Killian, though his first name is Damon (which I didn't know).

Watched it last night. Very good transfer and the sound in particular. Lovely set and well worth the money. Really enjoyed it

Jdog2017

Novice Member
On bluray.com there is 2 running man movies in.4k…one says ‘upgrade uhd” what does that mean? Is it different than the 3 disk edition?

dante01

Distinguished Member
On bluray.com there is 2 running man movies in.4k…one says ‘upgrade uhd” what does that mean? Is it different than the 3 disk edition?

There's only one 4K version of the film which can be bought as part of 2 different packages:

Boith eminate from the same distributor so I'd assume they are the same and there to be no difference between the encodings or the masters used.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom