1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the rumoured 10 disk box set......

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by adi, May 13, 2003.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what form do you reckon this will take.
    if the extended editions of TTT and ROTK match FOTR in terms of extras, i really dont think there would be much left to include.
    what i'd realy like to see (and what i think will hapeen) is that each film will be re-edited and extended even further than the extended edition cuts - and possibly given "superbit" type treatment.

ant other thoughts ???

adi

2. ji_

ji_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well if you provided all the extended discs, plus the National Geographic one, plus CD soundtracks, that takes you well over 10 discs easily!

Think they would have to make this fairly special as most of the real fans who would spend this sort of dosh will have already forked out £60-80 on the three extended versions.

3. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If they were clever and loyal, they should design the box which is able to take the book ends and dvd box of each gift set, and only sell that box, without each film. Make sense?

So you'd buy that one big box on it's own, take out the 'inners' of each gift set you have, put it in the big box, and dispose of your seperate gift set boxes.

If they did that, it would make it 15 discs (R1) and 12 discs (R2) by my calculations, assuming they include a National Geographic DVD on the other 2 sets.

Does anyone have the R1 gift set. I wasn't prepared to pay £10+ import duty on the R1 so I got the R2 version. Ain't bothered about the NG DVD anyway!

4. dtsfan

dtsfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my giftset from DVDSOON for £29 all in plus i didnt get bent over by customs.

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i've been wondering lately if PJ will cut the film so that it has no breaks (except for disc changes) i.e remove the credits from the end of each film so that it becomes one long film rather than three separate ones.

Gary

6. Boink!

Boink!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Then the credits will probably be on a DVD of their own!!!