The Rumour mill.

Xan

Novice Member
So what transfer rumours have you heard whispered in the pub etc, who's signing for who?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
The crazy season begins ....

City will sign Ronaldinho from Barcelona for around £12m with a reported £200,000 per week salary .... :eek:

Xan

Novice Member
Loads of rumours around that Micah Richards signed for Man U 4 weeks ago, and that the reason he delayed his operation was to seal the deal with Utd.

Bilbob

can you imagine? slight backlash from the fans perhaps?:eek:
Yeah, for one game a season... I'd love to have him at MU, cracking replacement for neville... Let's be honest, it's unlikely City are gonna make at decent top four side any time soon, and he is a (apparently) a good enough player to warrant that. If it wasn't United, it'd be Chelsea or 'Pool... I would say the Arse, but they don't buy British do they?;)

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Yeah, for one game a season... I'd love to have him at MU, cracking replacement for neville... Let's be honest, it's unlikely City are gonna make at decent top four side any time soon, and he is a (apparently) a good enough player to warrant that. If it wasn't United, it'd be Chelsea or 'Pool... I would say the Arse, but they don't buy British do they?;)
so everyone should sign for the top four?

I would be very surprised if Richards moved to United. He's had one full season with us and is contracted for a few more and for once we don't need the money. Go back 12 months and it would have been quite easy to say City won't be in the top ten ..... now that it has happened I don't see any reason why we can't put in a challenge for the top six, then top four on a consistent basis over the next few years.

And just to correct you, the backlash would be for two games .... six easy points!

the.godfather

Novice Member
Another vote for Richards to Utd. I've heard it from a few different sources now.

And if we don't get him we'll get Alves, who I think is a much better (all-round) player than Richards anyway. Apparently it may well be a double Sevilla swoop with Luis Fabiano as well.

And surely Van Der Vaart has got to go somewhere big this summer? He's an absolute beast of a player, and deserves to be somewhere better than Hamburg. I can see him at Inter or R. Madrid.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Another vote for Richards to Utd. I've heard it from a few different sources now.

And if we don't get him we'll get Alves, who I think is a much better (all-round) player than Richards anyway. Apparently it may well be a double Sevilla swoop with Luis Fabiano as well.

And surely Van Der Vaart has got to go somewhere big this summer? He's an absolute beast of a player, and deserves to be somewhere better than Hamburg. I can see him at Inter or R. Madrid.
Richards is a self-confessed Arsenal fan; can't seem him going to Utd tbh.

Alves is probably more likely although he's no defender. ;)

I've read lots of rumours that VdV will be off to Chelsea in the summer.

thfccambs

Banned
I've read lots of rumours that VdV will be off to Chelsea in the summer.
Jol came out today and said he's going nowhere, so you could be right.:D

addyb

Distinguished Member
I think VDV would be a big hit in the prem. Hes that kind of player.
To be honest im more interested in what the 2nd tier of the premiership buy this year. Its a total snoozefest watching the same top 4!

thfccambs

Banned
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing a £20 million bid for Lyon striker Karim Benzema.

He would be outstanding in the EPL. :eek:

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Going by Lyon's past transfer dealings, I'd say £20m for Karim Benzema was a little on the low side. Their president is a bit of an arse when it comes to valuations. :rolleyes:

RonBurgundy

Novice Member
Jo Alves from CSKA is signing for man city, he was over here last week with agent kia joorabchin. somewhere in the region of £12.5m

mason

stoke in for daniel cousin from rangers for £3million

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom