1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The roller coaster effect

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Anim, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi

You know when you play a game on the play station or the PC you can start to sway in your seat as the action takes hold, well, I have been trying to work out why my projector doesn't have this roller coaster effect. The pod racer scene on Phantom Menace is a great scene to test this on. Some people say its down to sharpness and contrast etc..

Now something intresting, a guy at my work said is the horizon point of the screen in line with my eyes. (no it isnt, I mounted my screen near the ceiling to hang down)

His thory is that the middle point on the screen (horizon line) should be level with the eyes to get the full imersive feeling. I tested this by simply standing up and watching a few chase scenes and he was right on.

Just thought I would share that with you if fixing a wall screen.

Anim

2. Jones_Rush

Jones_Rush

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Logical, but it's still pretty hard for many who ceiling mount their pj to project so low.

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    doesn't it depend on where the movie has its horizon? After all, the screen is just a blank canvas.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I recon your eye line should be 1/3rd of the way up the screen from your viewing position that way your head is nearly level and the sound works. (try tipping your head back and see what happens to the sound)