Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
RingR1.jpg

Matt Brown takes a look at our first Halloween disc in The Ring

You can read the review by clicking here

I'm surprized you liked the movie Matt.

I watched it in the cinema last year & wasn't entertained at all.

Okay - I was slightly inebriated and on the verge of falling to sleep (it was late) but can still remember - essentially - what happened.

The movie very much felt like the plot was 'make it up as we're filming', and I certainately don't remember being scared throughout.

I guess I could watch it again with a sober mind and have my entire opinion thrown back at me :D.

Bearing in mind I haven't seen the original version of it, I thought the concept was original given the usual trash we endure on the horror front, and it was well executed.

Creepy and atmospheric, being drunk and tired wouldn't necessary help;)

Nice review Smurf/Matt (those damn aliases always get in the way:p)

You should watch the original as well though. I saw that one first and thought that the US remake was still very good. It is just different that's all, like a polished version.

I can't believe I only got this last week.

The original is being shown on C4 later this week :)

I've OD'd on horror this weekend;)

The original is superior IMO, Ringu feels slightly more raw where The Ring is highly polished. It's a great remake don't get me wrong.

Also not a film to watch while even slightly tired or drunk, you'll lose interest quickly.

the ring made me cack my pants.

(had to sleep with the light on for a fortnight)

(those horses still give me the willies)

(i won't go near my girlfriends ponies either)

I must admit this is the first film I have ever viewed where the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A proper horror which excludes the usual scary movie drivel of girl running upstairs, bad guy getting killed and coming back to life for another scare, yawn....mind you I'm looking forward to JasonVFreddy :rolleyes:

Originally posted by taffyboyo
I must admit this is the first film I have ever viewed where the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A proper horror which excludes the usual scary movie drivel of girl running upstairs, bad guy getting killed and coming back to life for another scare, yawn....

Spot on:smashin:

My favourite horror film in years and it created a sense of atmosphere despite the plot holes, how many modern day horror films can do that ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom