1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ring... a creepy film.

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by pointon, Nov 4, 2001.

1. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    For some reason I'm getting Film Four over NTL, so I decided to watch before they realise and take it away.

And showing last night was Japanese horror flick, Ring. I'd wanted to see this for ages. Horror flicks really aren't my thing. Usually just stupid american teen slashers or pointless gore filled rubbish. But this was great, really creepy, full of atmosphere.

The best horror films are those that use subtle imagery to suggest fear, not those that just blatantly show everything. Those that still can entice a bit of tingling when looking back on the film.

No film can really be scary unless you're a child, but they can be full of tension and creepiness.

Ring 2 is on tonight, and if NTL haven't realised they're giving me F4 for free, I shall be watching.

You should too.

2. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Sorry to ruin your hopes dude, but Film Four is doing a free weekend, thats why you can view it. But I'd recommend paying £6 a month for it, so many more watchable films than Sky. (Is it me or Sky Movies getting really bad, I struggle to find a single film to watch from the 11 or 12 film channels).

Watched Ring last night too, really creepy, but I hear that Ring 2 is a bit of a let down, ah well, i'm gonna watch it anyway, decide for myself.

3. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dammit! I was enjoying the thought of screwing over NTL... gave me a sense of 'mutuality'.