The Right TV for me?

T

The_Departed

Ive been looking around the internet all morning at lcd tvs, budget of only £400 - £450.. ive found its quite a challenge.. ive seen some very nice lcds, some with the specs i want, some without. i understand £400 isnt very much for a top quailty lcd tv, but theres some hope out there right? i plan on using it mainly for dvds and gaming, so i ask the humble members of avforums if they can direct me in the direction recommened lcd tvs.. many thanks in advance.

The_Departed

PS. i read somewhere that orion lcd tvs are terrible, is this correct?

Happy with my ORION TV-32082 32". Where did you read the negative comments?

Obviously a cheaper LCD isn't going to match upto something higher up the line. But if you've never really had much experience with LCDs or not used one before, you should find most TVs great with HD sources.

Its only when you've had time to digest all the different jargon and learnt whats great and whats not before it matters what TV you get.

Go to the shops and look at screens yourself and find whats good for you. But I am sure some people will have some suggestions. If you could push your budget to the £500-£600 mark, you are going to be able to get some awesome LCDs.

Ive been looking around the internet all morning at lcd tvs, budget of only £400 - £450.. ive found its quite a challenge.. ive seen some very nice lcds, some with the specs i want, some without. i understand £400 isnt very much for a top quailty lcd tv, but theres some hope out there right? i plan on using it mainly for dvds and gaming, so i ask the humble members of avforums if they can direct me in the direction recommened lcd tvs.. many thanks in advance.

The_Departed

PS. i read somewhere that orion lcd tvs are terrible, is this correct?

to be honest ive heard theres a good orion lcd on one of the threads somewhere, it doesnt have freeview though which i wanted, but if it had it i would have got one.
ive heard it uses a toshiba panel.
i used to have a orion 15 inch portable crt that never gave me any problems.
sometimes they dismiss lower end tvs before they have looked at them in person.
but i would go and have a look and dont forget it wont be as good instore as it would be in your home because of the store set up.
also this tv wont be as good as a top spec brand so as long as u think that u should be able to make a choice ok.

tbh i went in currys a while back and saw the orion set without the freeview and i think it was quite good for the price, obviously it wont be better than top end tvs but for the price i would have considered it myself.

I've just been to currys on my never ending tv hunt and every single set in the place looked like utter arse thanks to the setup they have, how they sell any is beyond me :rotfl:. I dont know, maybe some stores have better setups but if you do go looking take what you see in said store with a pinch of salt.

to be honest ive heard theres a good orion lcd on one of the threads somewhere, it doesnt have freeview though which i wanted, but if it had it i would have got one.
ive heard it uses a toshiba panel.
i used to have a orion 15 inch portable crt that never gave me any problems.
sometimes they dismiss lower end tvs before they have looked at them in person.
but i would go and have a look and dont forget it wont be as good instore as it would be in your home because of the store set up.
also this tv wont be as good as a top spec brand so as long as u think that u should be able to make a choice ok.

you can get an orion with freeview from curries (32" for 349.99)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom