1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The right component lead ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cartmin, Feb 19, 2005.

1. cartmin

cartmin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all :hiya:

Going to take the plunge soon and purchase an Epson Tw10h PJ , with probably a Pioneer DVD575a ( to take advantage of progressive scan ) to replace my ageing Tosh 2109 ( still a superb pic but getting picky about playing anything other than discs in perfect condition ) and probably a DRH 16.9 screen.

Right , my query is with the component lead to connect them together ...some of the leads i have seen have four rca connectors on the end ( i understand one being a sync ? ) and others have just the the three rca's both ends .

Which do i need ???? Or am i just suffering from over researching and confusing myself !!!! :rolleyes:

Also , because of the room layout the component cable is likely to have to be 10 - 15 metres long is this an issue ?

Best to all

Cartmin.

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    It will be the one with three connectors RGB, the other component is five leads RGBVH which is mainly CRT i believe?

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I use a 15m component lead to connect the 575 to my TX100, picture is excellent. I bought mine from TVCables.co.uk, amazingly substantial lead for an amazingly good price...PJ

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/CP004.html

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Buy your lead from Mark Grant right here on the forums. Amazing quality and the best leads I have ever owned. Period. The picture improvments when changing to these leads were massive.

Cap :)

5. cartmin

cartmin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for clearing that up for me guys .

Many thanks for the link PJ :smashin:

Captain , i have seen Mark's cables on here and i know they are held in very high esteem by other members ...but giving the length i need i cant justify spending that much on a lead in what is a 'budget' system , but if my numbers come up this weekend I will ! :D

Cartmin